You have my blessing

...we were interrupted by my doorbell ringing again. „Anna, I hope for you that you didn't invite Hilla, Janne and Freya! I'm happy about your presence but I don't need more people trying to make me celebrate my birthday!", I told her before I wiped away my last tears and made my way to the door.

On my way to the door, I couldn't hear people talking which made my hope that I wouldn't see our friends from university after opening the door grow. With a sigh – maybe out of relief, maybe because I was annoyed that someone destroyed the moment between Anna and me or maybe, because now someone would see me directly after I cried happy tears – I then opened the wooden door that separated my apartment from the house's stairwell.

„Surprise for our birthday girl" were the words I was greeted with as soon as I had opened the door. „Tommi?!", I gasped the moment I saw one of my best friends opening the door further to come in and hug me. I closely wrapped my hands around him, not believing he was here. „But.. Those band appointments? Did you again decide to not go there?", I mumbled. „Which band appointments? We only needed an excuse to implement our plan to surprise you!", I suddenly heard another man's I instantly recognized.

„Niko!", as I saw him standing in front of me, I buried my face in my hands and started sobbing. „And apparently it has worked and you didn't expect us to be here, right?", Niko entered my apartment and now he was the one to hug me tightly. „I hope these are happy tears...", he then added and lifted me with his hands wrapped around my hip. Quickly, I nodded as an answer, I wasn't able to say something. The moment I felt him this close to me and smelt his addicting scent again, I realized how much I had actually missed, even more than I thought before.

„I'm relieved", Niko chuckled and let me down slowly. „Sofia, who is..", Anna appeared in the hallway but was cut off as she saw the two men. „Tommi and Niko, right?" Niko quickly placed his lips on my forehead before he turned around to look at Anna, his hands still loosely wrapped around me. The feeling of his lips on my forehead... It was so incredibly beautiful. He instantly made me feel like someone he'd care a lot about and he wanted to protect whenever I needed him. Well, and maybe he made me feel loved even though that probably wasn't his intention.„Yeah, exactly. And you're Anna?"

„Yeah, that's me", she chuckled. „By the way, sorry for my weird message. Sofia seemed to be so disappointed because she thought you forget her, I couldn't look at her in that mood anymore. But I think, her mood is now a lot better, isn't it?" Anna looked at me with a grin on her face. Of course my mood had improved a lot since this man was so close to me again and I could feel his nearness. „Yeah..", I whispered, wiping away the last tears. I wanted to add something but as I felt Niko's hand wandering under my comfy hoodie and caressing my waist, I fully concentrated on the feeling I had missed so much.

„Let's go into my living room, there it's probably better than standing here in the small hallway. Make yourself at home", I offered and as soon as I had said that, my friends made their way into the also small but in warm colors decorated living room. Well, apart from Niko who first placed a kiss on my hair before he eventually followed his friends. „I'm so happy to be here..", he whispered so quietly that Anna and Tommi, who were around a meter ahead, couldn't hear him. „No matter how happy you are.. I'm happier. This is the best surprise you could have given me", I whispered back before we sat down next to Anna who had sat down on my beige couch.

Since I wasn't used to being surrounded by more than one friend at home, especially not on my birthday when those people were only here because of me, I had no clue what I should say or do now. If only I was more competent if it was about all this social stuff..., I thought but luckily, Anna saved me from this awkward situation. „What about unwrapping your gifts now? I'm excited for you to finally see what I came up with!", she asked sounding as excited as a young child who was about to unwrap his presents.