I want to apologize

„Dear passengers, in a few minutes we arrive at Helsingin päärautatieasema. Since this train has no delay, every connecting train can be reached", was finally announced a few hours after Tommi had texted me they'd go eating now. „Finally!", I sighed, reached for my suitcase and got on my warm jacket again. Only twenty more minutes, then I'll finally be in my apartment and can relax before I have to unpack my stuff, I thought while walking towards one of the doors.

Through the little window in the door I could still see landscape flying by and again, I realized how happy I was with living here in Finland. I simply loved everything here, especially the small cottages surrounded by trees you could sometimes see in the distance. One day, I want to stay in one of these so cozy looking buildings, maybe just for some days to relax but owning one in a few years was a thought I also liked.

Less then five minutes later, the train drove more slowly until it eventually stopped. I pressed the button to open the door, took a step forward and left the train. Finally I could smell fresh air again and not only the bad one in the train. But since the platform was very crowded, I decided to quickly leave it and enjoy my walk home instead. I made my way through the people towards the exit until I eventually saw a familiar face: Anna.

What is she doing here?, I was wondering. She doesn't arrive by train so why is she here? Does she wait for another friend? She's definitely not here to pick me up, not after our kind-of-argument. Well, at least I thought so. Because as soon as our gazes crossed, she started to quickly walk towards me. „Sofia!", she called my name as she reached me and pulled me into a hug. A little overwhelmed by her affable way of greeting me, it took me a moment of doing nothing until I hugged her back. „Hey! Nice to see you!", I greeted her and tried to force a smile on my face.

As we made our way to the exit, we were surrounded by lots of people talking loudly, yet there was a weird silence between us. I didn't know what to say because I couldn't forget her words about Blind Channel, especially her mean words about the individual members and she apparently didn't find words either. Until she hesitantly started talking. „Sofia... I...", she started. I could have interrupted her, asking a „you...?" but I decided to not do it and instead rose my eyebrow. I wanted to give her some time, I could decide on how to treat her after listening to what she had to tell me.

„I want to apologize. I said very mean things about your friends", Anna said while looking at me apologizing. I only nodded, waiting for an explanation or at least some kind of detail about what she felt sorry about. „I was too harsh, not only on their music but also on them. After we hadn't had contact for more than a week – which hurt me more than you probably expect – I thought this stupid argument about your friends and their music couldn't harm our friendship that much.

So I decided to listen to their song again. I'm still not a huge fan of Dark Side but I gave them a chance and listened to some other songs by them. And actually... I do really like some of them. Not the heaviest ones but the rather calm, pop ones", she smiled at me. „I can't deny they have a talent. Especially because they are so good at so many different styles. I realized that even though I don't like some of them I have to admit they are good at what they do. You can notice not only their talent but also their love for music, their passion."

„Yeah, they really live for what they do", I agreed and looked at her with a small smile on my lips. Even though she now gave their music a chance, I couldn't fully forgive her because I still wanted her to apologize for talking about them as if they were criminals. That was so much more important to me than whether she gave their music a chance or not! Luckily, she continued talking and now also showed me she regretted these words as well.