[17]

Danielle's POV

Danielle's POV

"Lexi, this is one of my new friends Dani, she is Elena's sister and only found out about the supernatural recently," Stefan informs Lexi.

"So your new to all this, how are you coping?" She asks politely, patting on the sofa next to her.

I move sitting next to her, "Yeah, well, it's a lot to take in but I'm slowly getting there."

"What's your story then, Stefan has only told me about Elena," Lexi inquires in a curious manner.

I shrug, "I'm the adopted Gilbert. My birth parents left me. My adoptive parents died last spring.....I have adoptive sibling but I guess I sort of feel like I'm missing something right here," I point my finger to my chest.

She smiles at me, "Your still looking for the one."

I shake my head, "I doubt it's going to happen anytime soon. I've had a bit of a bad track when it comes to relationships."

"It doesn't matter, if you ever do find the one you truly love, just remember Lexi's words of wisdom 'If it's real then don't let it go'," she smiles widely.

"But how will I know if it's real?" I ask her.

"You'll know, I promise."

I smile at her happily to which she smiles back.

Stefan coughs awkwardly, "Umm I'm glad you're getting along but it is my birthday."

I laugh, "Right of course."

"Damon has convinced Lexi and I to attend the grill tonight where Caroline is hosting a party-"

Lexi smirks, "-We are totally going.

"We are," I say surprise.

"Yes, now come on," She says, pulling me with her.

She drags me up to Stefan's room and starts looking for some clothes. She ends up throwing me a black dress.

I glance down at it unsure. It had been a long time since I had dressed up properly for a party.

"Go try it on."

I sigh making my way to one of the several bathrooms in the house. I quickly slip it on and brush my slightly curly dark brown hair.