[46]

Dani's PoV

Dani's PoV

Katherine hangs up the phone her eyes falling on me offering a sympathetic look.

I scowl turning my gaze to Klaus, "Is killing my sister not good enough for you, that you have to kill my aunt too."

I raise my hand, quickly slapping him hard across the cheek, "You bastard!"

I storm off into the bedroom slamming the door shut leaping onto the bed unable to prevent the tears falling down my face.

I frown hearing the door click open.

"Go away," I grumble my head buried in a pillow.

"Dani," Katherine soft voice whispers, "I'm sorry for what he made me do."

I feel her fingers stroking my hair.

"It's okay, Kat, I just don't understand why he had to choose Jenna," I murmur, "Why couldn't he have used a stranger?"

She sighs, "I don't know Dani, I don't know. It's probably his reputation or ego."

I sit up in frustration my eyes red from crying, "Where even is he?"

Katherine hesitantly wraps her arm around me, "He left to get Jenna."

I lean into her arm.

"I know it's probably not great timing and all but do you want to celebrate the lives of those in the ritual by having a wake?" She asks.

I look up at her with a small smile, "You got any booze."

"Alaric's got a stash somewhere," Katherine stands up speeding into the kitchen, "Found it."

I slowly get to my feet wandering into the living room taking the glass of alcohol from Katherine's hand.

I immediately down the entire thing, the strength causing me to cough, my head becoming a little fuzzy, "That's strong."

She laughs.

"What is it?" I ask pouring another glass.

"That's Whiskey. I have another few bottles of Bourbon," She grins widely.

»»-----------------~~~<>~~~ -----------------««

Two days later

Katherine's PoV