[53]

Dani's PoV

Dani's PoV

Salvatore Boarding House

I wake up glancing at the clock on the bedside cabinet in one of the Salvatore's guest rooms.
Groaning at how early it is, I grab some spare clothes I had kept here when Elena and I were the house owners.

I go to walk to the bathroom when I hear a light tap on the window. Curious, I open it to find a small package laying on the balcony floor.

Bending down I notice familiar intricate writing.

To My Little Wolf, Danielle Gilbert

I breathe deeply, immediately realising it was from Klaus.

I carefully undo the red ribbon, letting the package fall open on the bed.
The first gift being a brand new phone. I pick it up fiddling with it, turning it on to find everything  set up and the contacts already catalogued with Rebekah and Klaus's numbers.

I shake my head throwing the phone gently to my side, lifting up the second gift which is a necklace that could click open to find a painting of Klaus and I one each side.

Biting my lip, I sigh unrolling the final gift to see another painting of Klaus and I sitting beside the lake in Chicago. I feel my lips lift into an involuntary smile remembering our first kiss under the stars that night. Up in the corner of the artwork a phrase had been written.

Those We Love Are Always Watching Over Us, But Lets Keep This Between Us.

I couldn't help but smile brightly that he truly listens to me on that fateful night.

Getting to my feet, I tiptoe into the bathroom dressing in a causal dress clipping the necklace round my neck. I observe my appearance in front of the mirror, tucking the locket under my clothes.

I re-enter the bedroom grabbing my new phone and the painting leaving the house.

»»-----------------~~~<>~~~ -----------------««

School

I gently fold the painting of Klaus and I stuffing it into my bag, approaching my friends outside the main building.

I frown a little, thinking back to last night and everything that happened.

Elena brings me out of my trance holding my hand tightly walking towards the entrance.