[38]

Katherine rushes up to the cottage, slamming her hands against the door, "Help, please help me."

An old woman opens the door.

"Please, help me," Katherine begs.

The woman looks at her, "I don't invite strangers into my home."

"No, Trevor. He said that you'd help me," Katherine fumbles her words.

Rose sighs, "Damn him. Always making promises I don't want to keep."

She looks at Katherine turning to the woman, "Let the girl in."

Katherine then enters the cottage gazing around in partial relief.

"Bring her water and something to eat."

Katherine turns with a courtesy, "You must be Rose. Thank you. Trevor said to show you this," Katherine holds up the moonstone, "To prove I am who I say and that you'd help me to freedom."

Rose stares in shock, "You stole this from Klaus?"

"It was to be part of the sacrifice ritual, so I grabbed it and made my escape," Katherine defends.

Rose scoffs, "People do not escape from Klaus. Everyone who tries ends up back in his grasp and anyone who helps them dies."

Katherine sighs, "I know the risk you bring on yourself by giving me aid."

"I'm risking nothing. At nightfall, I'll bring you back to Klaus and beg him to show us both mercy," Rose shakes her head grabbing Katherine shoving her into an empty room.

Katherine panics slamming on the now closed door, "No! No!"

»»-----------------~~~<>~~~ -----------------««

Danielle's PoV

I glance up at Katherine, "Rose never ended up taking you back to Klaus, did she?"

Katherine smirks mysteriously, "No, but not because she had a change of heart."

»»-----------------~~~<>~~~ -----------------««