[54]

Dani's PoV

Dani's PoV

A few days later

I hand Caroline another lantern watching from the bottom of the ladder while she attaches it to the tree.

"So, ever since you sent Vicki back to the other side my brother is capable of speaking to ghosts," I clarify talking to Bonnie.

She nods, "Because I brought him back to life."

"When you did the spell to send Vicki away, did that get rid of Anna, too?" Caroline asks.

Bonnie sighs, "I wish. All I did was block the magic that was helping Vicki get a physical foothold here. Jeremy's still got a direct line to the other side, and as long as he wants to see Anna and she wants to see him, she's still here.

Caroline frowns climbing down the ladder, "Okay, you don't think I can actually resist commenting on that."

"There. You commented," Bonnie states in annoyance.

"Bonnie..."

"What do you want me to say, Caroline?" Bonnie snaps, "I went against the balance of nature when I brought Jeremy back to life, and now I'm paying the consequences."

"Well, I want you to say you're not okay with it, " I say.

Bonnie glances at me, "I'm a thousand times not okay with it. I just don't know what to do about it."

I hear a car pull up beside us, Damon driving.

"Greetings, Blondie, Wolfie. Witchy," He looks directly at Bonnie, "I think you got your voodoo wires all crossed when you got rid of Vicki Donovan."

"What do you mean, why?" Bonnie questions.

"Because I'm pretty sure I just got spit-roasted by Mason Lockwood's ghost."

"What?" Bonnie and Caroline say.

"And why would you think that?" I ask.

Damon glares at me, "Maybe because he chained me to a chair and shoved a hot poker in my chest. Let's just say I'm having déjà vu."

I look over to Bonnie, "I thought you said that ghosts couldn't physically interact with people."

Bonnie shakes her head, "They can't."