[35]

Dani's PoV

Dani's PoV

I grumble at the loud buzzing of my phone, "Hello..."

"I need you to come to the boarding house," Damon's voice echoes before hanging up.

I clench my jaw angrily placing the phone on my bedside table, quickly getting to my feet.

I grab the closest outfit I could find, along with my car keys and bag heading downstairs. Jumping into my car I immediately drive off to the Salvatore Boarding House.

I park my car besides Damon's cutting off the ignition heading inside.

"This better be good," I complain entering the living room, "You woke me up extremely early...."

I furrow my eyebrows noting Caroline and Stefan in the room next to Damon.

"There you are," Damon grins, "Been calling you for ages."

I roll my eyes, "What the hell is going on?"

"Go ahead, tell them. You're gonna love this," Damon informs glancing between Stefan and I.

"And what might that be?" I question crossing my arms impatiently.

She takes a deep breath, "I saw Katherine today."

"Where?" Stefan instantly bombards.

"At the grill," She answers, "I just stopped by to gawk and quasi - stalk Matt," She tells us, detailing her encounter with Matt and using the ladies room.

Damon sighs, "Skip the teen drama and get to it."

"Then I had to pretend to use the bathroom even though I didn't really have to go, 'cause I'm a dufus," She tells us, "Katherine wanted me to deliver a message."

"What was the message?" Stefan looks directly at Caroline.

"I quote, 'Tell, Damon, Stefan and Danielle that I want the moonstone or I will rip this town apart until it rains blood," Caroline says, immitating Katherine.

"Tell them the rest of it," Damon says smirking.

"Tonight. At the masquerade ball," She finishes.

I shake my head in annoyance.

"She wants to do it in public. Killing mason threw her off guard," Stefan says.