[3]

Dani's PoV

Dani's PoV

Small bonfires litter the area surrounding the woods down by the lake, the light illuminating the dark and gloomy forest full of several teenagers kissing, dancing and drinking their lives away.

I stood quietly next to Elena staring down into the largest bonfire, listening to Bonnie ramble on about Caroline's obsession with a new dress.

"So where is he?" Bonnie asks glancing at Elena and I.

Elena shrugs, "I don't know, you tell me, you're the psychic one."

"Right I forgot," Bonnie sarcastically mumbles, "Okay give me a sec, Grams says I have to concentrate."

I roll my eyes, "Wait, you need a crystal ball," I bend down scouring the damp soil for a discarded beer bottle, handing it up to her, "Ta-da!"

Bonnie fake glares at me her fingers only briefly touching the brown glass before retracting like lightening.

"What is it?" I ask dropping my sarcasm for a more concerning expression.

She shrugs, "I'm not sure. It's odd."

I furrow my eyebrows.

"When I touched the bottle I saw a crow," Her face deadly serious eyes wide.

I blink several times, trying to wrap my head around what she was saying.

"What?" Elena states in a nervous shock.

Bonnie nods, "Yeah, a crow. There was fog...and a....man."

I glance over at Elena, the two of us unable to figure out how Bonnie could have known about our encounter in the graveyard.

Bonnie then notices our faces instantly yanking the beer bottle from my hand, "I'm drunk, it's the drinking, there's nothing psychic about it."

I could tell she was very uncomfortable, her eyes begging us to not to mention her sudden change in behaviour.

She looks between us, "Yeah..um...I'm gonna go get a refill," Immediately walking away.

"Okay," I mumble after her but she had already disappeared into the crowd leaving Elena and I dumbfounded.

I twist my body around when I jump spotting Stefan a few feet away from Elena and I. Holding  my chest I catch my breath slowly, offering a small smile.