[65]

Dani's PoV

Dani's PoV

I stare absently up at the white ceiling in the silent and desolate Mikaelson Mansion.

I couldn't believe that the paranoid and aggressive hybrid is no longer annoying me. I miss it.

His smile. His hair. His crazy behaviour. The humanity under the power facade. The way he calls me Little Wolf.

Tears fall down my cheeks again, the ache filling my chest. The throbbing constant through the deep breathes.

I'm alone. Rebekah visiting every now and then. Elijah gone, along with Kol.

I frown when my phone buzzes, a text message from Stefan.

I know we have our differences due to what has happened but I thought you should know that Elena is now in transition and she needs as much support as possible. Especially yours, she's absolutely devastated for what she has done to you, the guilt is tearing her apart. Please come round and try to make peace with her.

I sigh blinking my tears away, Rebekah had run Elena off the road, killing her to end Ric's reign as an original vampire hunter.

»»-----------------~~~<>~~~ -----------------««

Gilbert Residence

Inhaling sharply, I hold my hand up to the front door of my old house.

I cautiously knock waiting patiently for Stefan to answer.

"Dani," He smiles sadly, "I'm sorry....you know....for..."

I shake my head, "I don't want to talk about it. Where is she?"

He sighs, "I must warn you, her emotions are extremely heightened at the moment. That's why I reached out, hoping you can pull her through to the other side."

"She doesn't want to be a vampire," I mumble, "Does she?"

He nods, "I'll take you to her."

Together we walk upstairs into Elena's room, her hands covering her face. 

"Elena," I whisper softly, edging closer.

"Dani," Her eyes catch mine, all splotchy and red.

"Yeah, it's me," I offer a small smile.