[33]

Dani's PoV

Dani's PoV

"Elena and Dani said you needed something," Ric says walking into the Salvatore living room.

"Yeah," Stefan nods, "We were hoping you could help shed some light on the Lockwood family."

"Now why would I know anything about the Lockwoods?" Ric asks skeptically.

"Well, you wouldn't. But your dead--not dead vampire wife might," Damon says with a lopsided smirk.

I roll my eyes, "What he is trying to say is, Do you think Isobel knew anything, maybe in her research."

"You said that she had spent years researching this town," Stefan agrees.

"Isobel's research here--Mystic Falls--was rooted in folklore and legend. At the time, I thought most of which was fiction," He tells us with a sigh.

"Like the vampire story," Damon says.

I hit his arm offering a glare.

"Aside from vampires, What else?" Elena inquires.

"Lycanthrope," He answers.

I freeze glancing between everyone.

"Wait. Like werewolves?" Elena gasps.

"No way. Impossible. Way too lon Chaney," Damon states not buying it.

"Is it?" Stefan says.

"I've been on this planet 160-some odd years. I've never come across one," Damon informs us, "If werewolves exist, where the hell are they?"

"Why do you suspect the Lockwoods?" Alaric asks.

"Because vervain didn't effect the Mayor on Founder's Day but the Gilbert device did," Damon tells everyone looking at me.

"Well vervain doesn't affect me, but the Gilbert device did," I say shaking my head. 

"And it affected his son Tyler," Damon also chips in.

"And at the school carnival, his uncle Mason exhibited inhuman behaviour when he fought one of the carnival workers," Stefan informs us, "It suggested some sort of a supernatural entity."

"We were hoping that Isobel's research could help us figure out what it is," Elena says.

"Well, all of her things are still at Duke. I mean her office is still there. She's technically still missing," Alaric informs us.