[28]

Dani's PoV

Dani's PoV

The next day

"You locked Stefan up!" I exclaim walking into the boarding house.

Damon groans, "It was Elena's idea."

I gaze over to Elena.

"It's the best thing for him," She mumbles, "Stefan is out of control."

I sigh turning to Damon who swivels some device in his hands, "Did you ever figure out what that thing is?"

"Nope. Whatever it is, it doesn't work," He tells me in frustration clicking a button on the side.

"Pearl didn't say anything else about it?" Elena asks packing her bag.

"She thought she was stealing Jonathon's vampire compass," Damon shrugs, "But that was a pocket watch."

"C'mon Elena let's go. I'm your ride," I check my watch, "We can come back later."

She nods following me out into the car.

I switch on the ignition, "How's Stefan doing since you shoved him in a cell?"

Elena sighs, "I don't know. He's not really being very responsive."

I turn out of the driveway, "He'll come around eventually Elena. He loves you." 

»»-----------------~~~<>~~~ -----------------««

Later that day

"He isn't feeding!" Elena exclaims with worry entering the living room.

"He's just being dramatic. He's not gonna starve himself," Damon rolls his eyes.

"Why would he say that?" Elena shakes her head.

"He feels bad about hurting that girl," Damon replies, "It's very typical Stefan martyr stuff. It will pass."

"Will it?" I stand up with my arms crossed, "Because when I last saw him he seemed to be in a lot of pain."

"Yeah. Well, that will pass, too, once he eats," Damon insists.

"She didn't mean physical pain, " Elena says.

"I know what she meant," Damon tells us.