[26]

Dani's PoV

Dani's PoV

"Hey Elena," I smile, "How are you doing?"

She shrugs, "I...I don't know. Damon....well he told me that he didn't kill my mother he turned her."

I blink in surprise, "So she's a vampire."

Elena nods.

I sigh, "Look I'm gonna go meet up with Damon now, so I'll beat his ass for you."

She twitches her lip in a small smile, "Okay. Well Stefan and I are about to go to school. So I'll see you later."

I smile, "Cover for me will you. I doubt I'll make it in today."

She shakes her head, "You're such a rebel."

I grin, "Well what can I say, with Jeremy becoming all so good, at least one Gilbert needs to fulfil the role."

I grab my bag walking out of the front door, driving over the Salvatore Boarding House.

I get of my car locking it making my way over to the front door, bumping into Damon.

"Urgh," I complain looking up, "Just the person I was looking for."

He smiles, "Hello Dani."

"Good morning Damon," I greet with a wink, "Been somewhere?"

He nods, "Just came back from running some errands. But I can make some time to hang out with my best friend."

I roll my eyes punching his arm.

"Ladies first."

I walk inside the old home, only for Damon to tense up beside me.

He quickly speeds off into the living room, my legs rushing after him.

"Damon-" I call out, pausing when I notice Anna's mother sitting on the sofa, Anna standing behind her looking uncomfortable.

"Hello Damon," She smiles slyly her eyes gazing over to me, "And Danielle is it?"

I bite my lip nodding slowly.

"Ever hear of knocking?" Damon mumbles sarcastically.

"An invitation wasn't necessary," She announces, "I'm surprised that no living person resides here. Is it just you and your brother?"