[12]

Mystic falls, Virginia, 1864

Stefan stands outside his family home, waiting for the new arrival his father had spoken to Damon and himself about. They knew that she was an orphan who was coming to live with them.

A horse and carriage enters the courtyard stopping right outside the house. The door opening with a maid stepping out with the help of the driver. She then offers her hand to another lady who steps out after her.

She gets out looking up at Stefan.

Her appearance identical to Elena's.

Stefan walks up to greet her, "You must be Miss Peirce."

"Please, call me Katherine," She replies with a smile, bowing to Stefan.

  »»-----------------~~~<>~~~ -----------------«« 

Danielle's PoV

"What are you," we ask.

Stefan freezes in shock seeing us in front of him.

"What are you," I say, breathing heavily.

"You know," Stefan replies.

"No, we don't," Elena says shaking her head in denial.

"Yes you do, or you wouldn't be here," He replies.

"It's not possible," I say, "It can't be."

Stefan puts down the piece of wood he was holding and begins to walk over to us.

We hesitantly move away from him, scared. I grab Elena's hand, squeezing it tightly looking back at Stefan.

"Everything you know and every belief that you have is about to change. Are you ready for that?" He asks.

"What are you?" Elena asks forcefully.

"I'm a vampire," he reveals.

I stare in shock and disbelief. 

"We shouldn't have come," Elena says quickly gripping my hand tighter pulling me away.