[44]

Dani's PoV

Dani's PoV

"Klaus and I faked the sun and moon curse dating back over a thousand years."

"But if there's no curse..." Elena suggests.

Elijah shakes his head, "There's a curse. Just not that one. The real one's much worse. It's a curse placed on Klaus."

"What are you talking about?" I step forward standing next to Elijah.

"Klaus has been trying to break it for the last thousand years. And you are his only hope," He explains looking directly at Elena.

The phone I'm Elijah's top pocket begins to vibrate.

"What is this curse?"

The phone keeps vibrating.

"Your phone will not stop its incessant buzzing. Answer it, please," He sighs handing the phone over to the Elena who answers it.

"Stefan...what's wrong? No. No, no, no, no. Okay, I'll be right there," She hangs up looking to Elijah, "Klaus went after Jenna. I have to go to her."

Elijah shakes his head, "I'm afraid that wasn't part of today's arrangement."

"She's my family, Elijah. I have to. I'll be back. You have my word," Elena begs.

"I'll stay here with you Elijah," I persuade, "Just let Elena make sure our aunt is okay."

Elijah sighs, glancing at Elena, "That doesn't mean anything to me until you live up to it."

Elena smiles, "Thank you."

I watch Elena run back to her car before walking slowly back to the mansion, "Klaus is a very interesting character."

Elijah smiles, "Why do you say that?"

"He was so nice to me, as if he was scared he would do something wrong," I say shrugging, "But he was equally paranoid."

"Yes, my dear brother has always been like that. As for him being nice, it's pleasantly unusual," Elijah says.

"You said that I was the key to his humanity," I say, "Is that why he was nice?"

"He probably doesn't know want to do when he is around you," Elijah says, "He's probably confused."

"Does he even know about the prophecy?" I question.