Chapter 10

HeavenLeigh POV

"Hey baby before you come to church you think you can pick up Shay? She's coming tonight to the family and friends event" My mom said to me over the phone.

"Really?" I said excitedly.

"Yep, she needs a ride though but we don't have enough room. You think you got it? I'm sorry it's last minute I just-"

"It's okay mom, don't worry, I'll get her! Aww I'm so excited" I said.

"Me too!" My mom said.

Shay is my cousin, who is in and out of jail a lot, constantly involved in fights and even some murders, she's a convicted felon and she just got out of jail and is trying to better herself.

"Okay so is she ready now?" I asked.

"I believe so, call her for me" My mom said.

"Okay"

-

Roddy POV

"Y'all ready?" I asked Kamal and Remy. We all agreed to support HeavenLeigh's family and friends event at her church. And of course as her boyfriend now, I was gonna come regardless.

"Yep" Remy said and she was walking barefoot. "Uh Remy" I said chuckling.

"What?" She said.

"You're barefoot" I said.

"Chile I ain't putting these heels on till we get there, gone have my fucking feet hurting before I walk in the building? Hell nah" Remy said making me and Kamal laughed.

"Whatever cuh, let's just go" I said.

-

HeavenLeigh POV

"I'm so happy that you're here, you don't even know" I said to Shay as we got out of my car.

"Girl I'm happy to be here, I haven't been to church in so long" She said.

"I know.. How you feeling?" I asked as I grabbed her hand. She's very nervous about seeing everyone since people talk and everybody knows she went back to jail.

"Nervous, but I'll be okay" Shay said squeezing my hand a bit tighter.

"Don't be nervous. Only God can judge you, I wish somebody would try you in front of me." I said and she laughed.

"You always got my back" She said.

"And I always will" I said.

"I just... I hope God isn't disappointed in me. I don't mean to get in the situations I get in, I'm really tryna do right Heaven." She said.

"I know and I see that, and just repent. God listens, He hears you. He sees your heart." I said to her as we stopped at the front door of the church.

"Yeah I know... I just been in a rut since I got out of prison. Kind of depressed. You know my mama kinda disowned me because of my lifestyle, so I'm trying to change. I just feel like all my strength is gone during the process because I don't even have my parents through this." Shay said sighing and I looked at her for a second.

"I understand. But you got me... Okay? You got my mom, my dad. We got your back. And most importantly you got God, and honestly? As long as you got Him, that's all the strength you need to pull you through this rut." I said, and she nodded her head.

"You're right.." She said. "Everybody in here is gonna judge me and-"

"Who cares? They not God. Forget their opinion. And if they judge you, then they're not as Godly as they try to appear." I said.