Chapter 93

Roddy POV

To be continued

I waited a few seconds before Heaven's father came out the room and seen me, "Oh, Rodrick. How are you?"

"I'm good, how are you?" I asked shaking hands with him.

"I'm pretty good. What brings you by?" He asked, and HeavenLeigh's mother walked out of the room leaving us to it.

"I, really need to talk to you." I said.

"Well, right this way, we can do that." He said as we walked to the living room, and we sat down on the couch.

"So what's going on?" He asked me.

"Well, as you know me and HeavenLeigh been together for a long time now." I said.

"Yeah, definitely." He said.

"It's been two years, and I must say.. She has taught me so much, about life, about relationships, and she taught me a lot about myself. A lot of things I didn't know I could do, I've done being with her. She's helped me reach my potential, she's helped me change my ways, the arrogance, me being stubborn, me being self-absorbed and only concerned with myself, I'm not that way anymore. I look at things so much differently now. And I've never thought I'd run across a woman that I would wanna spend the rest of my life with, have children with and start a family. And I have that now with HeavenLeigh. I am in love with that woman. I love her so much, and I love you and Mrs.James too, because without y'all she wouldn't even be here." I said and he rose his eyebrows.

"Well, I will say I know you love my daughter because despite how I treated you in the beginning you never let that affect your relationship with her. And that displayed strength in the relationship between you two. She has never complained about you to me or my wife, so I know she's happy with you." He said and I nodded my head.

"Thank you." I said.

"You're welcome." He replied.

"So... I.. Wanted to ask you something." I said.

"Okay." He said.

I pulled out the little box from my back pocket, and I opened it revealing the engagement ring and he looked down at it as he rose his eyebrows.

"I wanted to ask for your blessing, to ask HeavenLeigh to marry me." I said.

"Wow...." He said analyzing the ring, and I smiled.

"I've been thinking about this for a long time, and I'm ready. I'm ready to make her my wife, and I know she's ready to be my wife." I said.

"You came to me.." He said in a surprised tone.

"Oh of course." I said.

"Even after how I used to treat you... You still came to me." He said looking at me.

"Definitely, you're still her father. We made amends, and besides that, she told me from the beginning that she was saving herself till marriage, and how one of the reasons she was doing that for spiritual reasons. And I know for a fact she would want me to ask you for your blessing. And it's important to me that I did it the right way, which would make her even happier." I said, and he smiled.

"Baby! Come here!" He said loudly to HeavenLeigh's mother.

"Okay" She said.

"Hurry baby" He said.

"I'm here, I'm here" She said laughing as she walked to the living room then her jaw dropped once she seen the ring.

"Is this... Roddy..." She said and I handed the ring over to her for her to see closely.