Chapter 40

HeavenLeigh POV

"Ooooh! And I won again!" I said as me, Roddy, Kamal and Remy were playing chess at Kamal's house.

Leanna and Tahj were just watching for this round because they don't know how to play.

"Man how the fuck??" Remy said laughing.

"Because she got a fuckin brain" Kamal said.

"Or she just cheating!" Remy said.

"Aye aye she won fair and square, quit hatin" Roddy said.

"That's right baby gimme a kiss" I said and we both leaned in and kissed each other.

"I wanna play but I feel like I'm gonna lose" Leanna said chuckling.

"Some people got it, and some people don't" Kamal said as we started repositioning the pieces.

"That ain't no fair" Remy said playfully pushing me.

"You we're close this round" I said cheesing.

"Kamal can I play?" Tahj asked. "I think I got the hang of it now" She added.

"Yeah of course-"

"No she can't. We still got another round" Remy said and everyone got quiet.

"Ahhh shit" Roddy said, Remy laughed.

"I'm just saying." Remy said shrugging.

"Remy." I said.

"What?" She replied.

"Chill out." Kamal said to her.

"I didn't do anything" Remy said.

Roddy fake coughed, and I looked over at him. I know he's trying not to laugh. He always holds in laughter during awkward moments.

"You can play Tahj" Kamal said to her. "Come sit here." He added, tilting his head down to his lap. Tahj smiled a little before standing up and walking over to him, and she sat on his lap.

"Oh shit" Roddy said making everyone laugh.

"So cute" Leanna said.

"She can't play" Remy said.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Heaven. Chess is a two player game, and it's four of us playing and we somehow made it work. We can't make it work for five" Remy said.

"Why not?" Roddy asked.

"Because we just can't." Remy said.

"Yes we can" Kamal said.

"And we will. I'm going to play" Tahj said.

"No what you're going to do is sit yo ass down and mind the fuck out" Remy said to her and Tahj rose her eyebrows.

"Who are you talking to?" Tahj asked her.

"I'm talking to YOU." Remy said. "The fuck?"

"Nah, I done tolerated this enough. I don't know what your problem is, but I tolerated your mouth for far too long out of respect for your brother. But that's done. I've done nothing to deserve this disrespect and whether you like it or not I'm here, and I'm here to stay. I don't plan on leaving your brother's life, or HeavenLeigh's either. And you will just have to deal with that" Tahj said to her.