Chapter 30

Kamal POV

"Come on" The guard said to me, I sat up in my cell bed and said "Am I out?"

"No. But your family is here along with your lawyer. Come on." He said and I sighed.

I've been in this bitch for a week, and Roddy, Remy, HeavenLeigh and Leanna been tryna find a way to get me out. But I haven't heard from neither one of them in the past two days so I was pissed.

Turns out Mia got me arrested, not even for murder. But for credit card scamming, which was her doing that shit on my card without my knowledge. But since it was under my name, I got framed.

I also got arrested for jugging, she lied about that too. Because I don't sell bud anymore, that been stopped before me and her even got together.

The guard led me to one of the rooms, and I seen all of them in there waiting on me.

"Kamal!" Remy said trying to run up and hug me, but the guard put his hand out and said "Sorry ma'am, but that is not allowed."

Remy sighed and I said "It's aight Remy."

"Are you okay?" Leanna asked.

I sat down and said "Yep. I thought y'all forgot about me."

"No. Man we couldn't do that, we just been tryna figure this out for you, but we brought your lawyer today." Roddy said.

"This ain't my lawyer." I said scrunching my eyebrows looking at him.

"This is our backup lawyer, your original attorney couldn't make it today." Remy said.

"I could've called a lot of people last night. Niggas I know that wouldn't let me sit up in here for a week" I said with an attitude. Roddy sighed and so did Heaven.

"Nigga. I know it's hard right now but you must be patient" Roddy said.

"Patient?" I said.

"Yes, that's all you can do right now" He said.

"Should've just had them niggas get me out this bitch. On hood" I said squinting my eyes because I was irritated.

"Are you crazy? Sitting up in jail talking bout using some street connections?" Heaven said. I shrugged.

"Look, Kamal just calm down. This is your backup criminal lawyer, Michael McClain. He's an attorney and he agreed to represent you." Remy said.

"If he's so good, then how come I'm still here sitting in a cell?!" I said.

"Kamal, just listen man" Roddy said.

"Were doing our best. It's a lot of things you were involved in, so we couldn't get you processed right away just yet. That's all." The lawyer, Michael said.

"I am NOT guilty." I said.

"I don't need to hear what you know, I need to hear what they know. Which means, you're gonna have to answer the questions I ask you, and you don't volunteer any information." Michael said, sitting down at the table with all of us.

I looked at Roddy, then Remy and Heaven and said "Where'd you guys find this fuckin clown?!"

Heaven sighed.