Chapter 28

HeavenLeigh POV

"Alright, talk to me. Because this is beginning to be too much" I said to Remy as I sat across from her at her and Kamal's house.

"Oh, so Roddy tattled on me?" Remy said folding her arms.

"Remy, you don't realize that we're doing this because we love you and we care about you." I said.

"You guys just like getting in my business" She said.

"Who knows what could've happened to you if Roddy didn't find you? Huh?" I said.

"Next time leave me there. How about that?" Remy said standing up from the couch, and I stood up as well.

Because what you tryna do?

"No! And you know what you need to do?" I said.

"What?" She asked.

"Go get some help!" I said.

"I have!" She said.

"You still going to AA?" I asked.

"YES. I am!" Remy said.

"I wanna know the name of your sponsor." I said and she scrunched her eyebrows.

"What? No!" Remy yelled.

"Why? Because you don't really have one? Because you stopped going to AA haven't you?!" I yelled and she got in my face.

"HeavenLeigh, mind your business." She said putting her finger in my face and I grabbed it.

"You might wanna move that finger" I said.

"Mind your fucking business!" She yelled in my face.

"YOU ARE MY BUSINESS! YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND!" I yelled back.

"THEN ACT LIKE IT!" She yelled.

"WHY YOU THINK I'M HERE?! WHY DO YOU THINK I'M CONSTANTLY ON YOUR HEAD ABOUT YOUR DRINKING?! YOU EXPECT ME TO JUST SIT HERE AND WATCH YOU DRINK YOURSELF TO DEATH?!" I yelled and I seen her eyes water up, and I sighed.

"HeavenLeigh... I'm just going through a lot right now" Remy said looking down and I seen a tear fall out of her face.

"I can see that.. I know you're not just drinking just to drink" I said.

"And first I just- Let me just apologize, for everything. And I know an apology is not enough. It's not enough for you, or for me.." She said and I just looked at her.

"After I sobered up, I spent an hour with my therapist, and she keeps stressing that I should be honest and truthful with myself and my loved ones. So, here it is." Remy said.

"Okay... The REAL truth Remy." I said.

"Yes, yes, the real truth. Okay? Yeah... I stopped going to AA. Yes I've still been drinking, back to back shots... Sometimes a whole bottle. But as of today, it stops. Okay?" Remy said, I sighed and rubbed my face.

"Okay but... How?" I asked.

"With a lot of hard work. And prayer, praying will help me right?" Remy asked.

"Of course." I said.

"And... I need your support." Remy said.

"You have that. I love you, you're my best friend, I'll do whatever I have to to support you in this." I said.

"Thank you" Remy said, walking closer to me. "You're welcome" I said and she gave me a hug.

"Heaven I love you so much, I know I haven't been myself lately. I've been tryna fight my demons alone." She said.