Chapter 77

HeavenLeigh POV

"Baby baby baby!" I yelled excitedly as I hopped in the bed and got on top of Roddy.

He laughed and said "Someone's excited"

"I am! I got exciting news!" I said.

"Me too" Roddy said.

"Okay so... You go first" I said and he laughed saying "Aight well... I met up with your dad the other day"

"Really?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"Mhm" He said.

"And how did that go...?" I asked.

"We ironed things out and he apologized to me for being judgmental, and he also said his respect for me went up for coming to him like a man and talking to him." Roddy said.

"Oh my gosh-" I said covering my mouth, and Roddy smiled.

"I did it for you, for us. It can't just be the way it was, it makes everyone uncomfortable." Roddy said.

"Roddy... I love you so much" I said leaning down and hugging him, he wrapped his arms around me.

"I love you more baby.." He said and I smashed my lips onto his and started kissing him slowly. He held my waist kissing me back, and I smiled a little before pulling away.

"Thank you so much, I'm so happy" I said.

"And that's exactly what I wanted" He said grabbing my chin, I blushed.

Can he marry me already?

We looked at each other for a moment before he said "What's your exciting news?"

"Oh- Baby, BET called me. The BET awards is coming up" She said.

"I know, I got nominated for best new artist" He said and my jaw dropped.

"Why didn't you tell me?!" I said.

"I lowkey forgot until you brought it up, I had so much on my mind. Good shit on my mind." He said.

"Oh I understand" I said chuckling. "But, they are giving Mary J. Blige the lifetime achievement award this year, and they asked me to do the tribute. Sing her songs" I said and Roddy's eyes widened.

"For real?" He said.

"Yesss! And I was confused because I'm not in the limelight but they seen my videos of me signing on Instagram, the ones that went viral and everything and they want me to do it. And they know that I'm a professional song writer so" I said.

"Ayeeeee go head then shawty" Roddy said and I giggled saying "I knowwww"

"So, what songs of hers will you be singing?" He asked.

"Be without you, Everything, Real love, I can love you, and Just fine" I said. "They're gonna merge the songs one by one, I'm only doing the first verse to each song" I added.

"Oh shitttttt, aye I ain't gone lie- Everything and Be without you is my shit cuh" Roddy said and I laughed.

"Hood guys love them songs" I said.

"We do. And we love Weak by SWV and When I see you by Fantasia" He said and I laughed even harder.

"Oh my gosh- That's true!" I said.

"Yep that's our shit" He said chuckling.

"Aww, that's cute" I said grabbing his chin hair and he smacked his lips saying "Shut up" causing me to laugh.

"What you doing today?" I asked getting off of him as I walked into the closet.

"Studio session, Kamal coming too. We got a meeting with Keefa and everything" Roddy said.