Chapter 143

HeavenLeigh POV

"Promise I made, was to love myself
Sometimes I... Lie to myself
Where you goooooing?
No one knows
It was perfect... In my head" I sang.

I sighed a little as I stopped singing and put the guitar pic in my mouth playing the notes.

"Mm there you go" I mumbled to myself. Kept messing it up at first but now I got it.

I pulled the pic out of my mouth, and started humming first before singing again.

Trying to push through but my stomach was still nauseated.

And now I know why.

"I wrote a letter to myself
And it was full of promises
One for you, and one for me
Love is not our enemy" I sang.

I've been working on this song for months, and it's beginning to come together now.

"Why'd you have to leave..
Why'd you have to go..
Tell me that I meant something to you
Ohhhh I can't do this anymore" I sang.

My eyes got watery because all I can think about is the way Roddy left while I was sick, throwing up and in pain yesterday.

Even when he got home, he didn't ask how I was feeling, nothing.

He took a shower then went to sleep.

Like?

This morning, I told him we needed to talk and that it was important, VERY important, and he said "Later" and left, like it was nothing.

"Need some distance from you..
You just disappoint me
Need some distance from you..
You just disappoint meeee.." I sang under my breath.

I bit into my lip, and I heard the front door open and close, indicating Roddy was home and I sighed a little.

Hopefully he'll hear me out now, because we really need to talk.

He walked in the room, taking his jacket off, and I said "Hey.."

"Wassup" He said back hanging his jacket up before he sat on the edge of the bed taking his shoes off.

"So.. Where'd you go?" I asked.

"I was kickin it wit Wunna" Roddy said.

"Oh okay.. Uh, can we talk?" I asked.

He sighed and said "HeavenLeigh, nah. I ain't in the mood"

"It's not about anybody but us, it's actually very important" I said putting my hand on my stomach. And I smiled a little to myself.

"Well, can it wait? I just wanna relax right now" Roddy said.

"But-"

"Heaven for real, I ain't playin. I ain't in the mood to talk or none of that shit you tryna do, cripstreet" He said and I looked at him like he was crazy.

"Excuse me?!" I said standing up and he sighed.

"Dont start cuh" He said.

"Call me cuh again" I said taking my socks off, so I could get a nice grip on this floor in case this go left because he got me messed up.

"Call me that again Roddy, I dare you." I said getting in his face and I looked down at him since he was sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Don't get tough on me! Who the fuck you think you talkin to like that?!" He asked.

"Nah who do YOU think you're talking to?! Must me out of your mind but like I always say, I WILL HELP YOU FIND IT! Try me." I said.

He got quiet and we just looked at each other, and he chuckled before he laid in the bed.