Chapter 31

Kamal POV

"Dear Kamal,

I feel so bad about what's happened to you. I know you didn't commit any of those crimes and it's not fair that you're in jail for it. You always tell me, Roddy, Remy, and Leanna to keep our head up. So I hope you're doing that now... And I hope you've been reading the Bible I gave you. My grandmother used to say no matter how heavy your load is, you're never carrying it alone. We're all praying for you, remember that when it gets rough in there.

-HeavenLeigh

She's been the only person even sending letters while I'm in here. It was much appreciated.

I picked up my notepad and my pen, sighing a little as I began writing her back.

Dear HeavenLeigh,

Thank you for this letter. Means a lot that you still believe in a nigga and obviously ain't got nothing but love for a G. Nobody else ain't send me shit, not even Roddy or Remy. If I learned anything in this world, is that praying aint helping me Heaven. It ain't. What do I do? I prayed for a second chance, and look what I got. I'm starting to wonder if God is mad at me... Or if He hates me or something. What do you do if you losing faith? I don't wanna lose mine.

-Kamal

"Williams, you have a visitor." The guard said walking up to my cell.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Lawyer." He said, I got up from my cell bed and walked out of my cell, as the guard guided me to the one of the private rooms.

I seen Michael, the criminal lawyer everyone got for me inside of the room and he stood up saying "How you doing Kamal?"

"Alright, how are you?" I asked tryna maintain a somewhat positive attitude as he held his hand out and I shook it.

"I'm doing good. I got somethings on your case, so far it's not much that will help us but having it analyzed might help but it's not apparent just yet." Michael said as we sat down across from each other.

"When are we gonna go over the facts of my case in full detail?" I asked him.

"Right now. I will ask for specific facts as I need them, if I don't ask, don't tell. That way I'm free to fix a story that can best fit our argument." He said and I scrunched my eyebrows.

Because he's basically saying so he can be free to lie for me if he needs to. But there's nothing to lie about because I didn't commit any crime.

"I don't need you to lie for me." I said to Michael.

"I don't lie, I create hypothetical situations and speculate on scenarios that can create reasonable doubt. If I in fact KNOW what happened, then I can't do that, I won't be able to create scenarios that can help you win your case." He said to me, and I rose my eyebrows.

I chuckled and stood up from my seat saying "You think I did all that shit?! Credit card scams, trapping in my back house?! Selling pussy?! You think I did all that shit?!"

"I can't concern myself with guilt or innocence, I gotta focus on winning your case Kamal. So let's get do these questions and get it done." Michael said to me and I sighed before shaking my head.

I sat back down across from him and said "Hurry up."

-

HeavenLeigh POV

"Look at me
I have been set free, all my sins are washed away
All night, turned to day
All because, Christ has set me free" I sang while playing my piano.