Chapter 80

HeavenLeigh POV

"I tried to drink it away
I tried to put one in the air
I tried to dance it away
I tried to change it with my hair.."

I was singing another song I wrote for Solange, and playing the piano, to Roddy before I bring it to her. I wanted his opinion on it.

After me and her recorded "Rise" together, she asked for one more and of course I said yes.

And after everything that happened at the BET awards, I definitely needed to write to keep everything off my mind. I don't like the way Leanna came at me for absolutely no reason at all.

"Well, it's like cranes in the sky
Sometimes I don't wanna feel those metal clouds
Yeah, it's like cranes in the sky
Sometimes I don't wanna feel those metal clouds" I sang.

"Away, away, away, away, awayyyy" I sang hitting the high note.

I looked over at him and he bobbed his head and smiled a little before winking at me causing me to blush as I continued.

I hit this high pitched note before finishing the melody on the piano, then I stopped and looked over at Roddy.

"So...?" I said.

"It's very angelic.. I like that" Roddy said and I smiled.

"Really?" I said.

"Yeah, that's what's different about you, I love yo tone too. It was beautiful, and matched perfectly with the melody and everything" Roddy said, I blushed.

"Thank you baby, that means a lot. Solange is an artist that sends great messages through her music so I wanted to make sure I delivered." I said.

"You definitely did just that my baby" Roddy said.

"Thank you" I said giving him a quick kiss.

"And you finna be on her album too, you out here bossing up on these mothafuckas" Roddy said.

"As I should" I said making him laugh.

"I'm proud of you" He said lifting my hand and placing a kiss on it.

"Thank you my love.." I said with a smile.

"Anytime" Roddy said back.

"You got any new music for me to hear yet?" I asked.

"I will tonight when I get back from the studio" Roddy said.

"Okay great, I can't wait" I said.

"I know, you always excited for yo man" Roddy said.

"Because I'm your biggest fan.." I said holding his hand.

"I know and I appreciate you" He said kissing my forehead then my lips.

"You're so welcome" I said before we both got up from the piano, walking back to the bedroom.

"So what's your plans while I'm gone?" He asked.

"I'm gonna drop this song off to Solange, then go check on Remy if she's available later, thats pretty much it. Laid back type of day" I said.

"Oh aight well, I wanted to talk to you about something though" Roddy said.

I looked over at him while he was picking out his outfit from the closet and I said "Everything okay?

"Yeah, it's just.. Do you recall anything you said the other night? At the BET awards?" He asked me.

"Oooh. I said a lot" I said laughing.

"Well, when me and you were outside after the fight" Roddy said and I scrunched my eyebrows trying to think.