Chapter 35: Turning Points

-Isla-

"Everyone alright?" I asked as I brushed the dirt off my pants. Simultaneous groans were the only response. I slowly stood up, looking at everyone.

The two girls were hugging their respective boyfriends whilst Zayn stood up and offered his hand to Harry. And Niall? He also stood, a look of worry etched on his face as he approached me.

"Are you alright?" He asked. I gave him a soft smile.

"I'm fine, Niall," I assured him. He pursed his lips and nodded before suddenly pulling me into a hug. I hastily hugged him back before pulling away.

"We need to get going," I explained remembering that we were in a middle of some kind of lockdown.

"What happened anyways?" Dani asked, her voice slightly shaking.

"The building's in overall lockdown. Somebody might have been messing with the control room," that was Harry. Everyone turned to look at him in shock whilst I just nodded. He was right.

"How did you-" Liam started only to be cut off.

"We need to move. Now." Zayn said just my ears started to pick up on the footsteps coming our way. We hurriedly made our way across the corridors.

"There," Niall pointed to an utility closet in the distance. I ran towards it and heaved a sigh of relief when I found that it wasn't locked. Thank goodness Master didn't think of putting electric locks here. We were saved.

"Come on, hurry!" I hissed to everyone as I gestured inside. Liam was the first one to go, followed by Dani. I watched as they all made their way inside the closet and followed once Niall had safely made his way inside.

I closed the door discretely just as voices echoed into the hall.

"Everything clear?" A gruff voice said. I pressed my left ear against the door to hear what they were saying.

"I think so. There's no way any of those pesky agents manage to get away from the lockdown. Give it a few minutes and every one of them will be dead," a laugh. My fists clenched. There's no way I'm going to let that happen.

"You think we can really trust that S?" My eyebrows furrowed. S?

"No, we really can't. But come on, it's not like she can do anything. Master said that the effects are irreversible. From now on, Agent S is just another puppet for Lennox," What the-

"Where is she now?"

"I think she's on his way to that old timer's office. Something about getting a task done," my eyes widened.

"Well that's the last of it- wait. Let's check that utility closet," I froze as footsteps came nearer. I heard as the others struggled to hold their breathes. The knob jiggled.

"Walker! Crentin!" A familiar voice yelled. Suddenly, the jiggles stopped. Then, as if nothing happened, footsteps were heard as they walked away.

I turned to the others who were all looking at me, wide eyed.

"Was that...?"

....

-Rouge-

"Help! Help!" James called out in distress as he tried to yank at the chains he had on his hands. I remained still, my eyes closed.

"Somebody, help!" He sounded like he was going to have a panic attack. I fought back a laugh. Suddenly there was a bang.

"What's going on here?" A deep voice boomed as I lay still. I heard James' breathes dragging.

"H-her. She was silently sitting at that corner earlier when she started convulsing. I didn't know what to do. I tried to call for help, but she told me not to say anything. Then, she stopped and... fainted,"

That was the best excuse he can come up with? Seriously, this guy.

Thankfully, the man seemed to believe him. I heard footsteps approach me and felt a hand on my ankle where one of the chains were. The metal was removed with a click. I felt the man hesitate for a moment before he approached my arms and did the same with my wrists.

Now.

In an instant I stood and grabbed the man from behind. He was too shocked to even yell, and the next thing anyone knew, he was on the ground. I grabbed the keys from his hands.

"Convulsing? Really?" I asked as I set my fellow agent free. James grinned at me sheepishly.

"What? I panicked alright." He rubbed his now free wrists. I tossed him the keys.

"Get yourself loose," I ordered as I stood.

"So what do we do now?" James asked as I locked the cell that contained one of our captors.

"Now, we leave."

....

-Isla-

"You think you can access that room undetected?" Liam asked as we crept onto a hallway. I turned my head to him.

"I've been here since I was five, Liam. Don't ever think I never learned a thing or two from my nightly escapades,"

"You are one wicked girl, Isla Waters. One wicked girl, indeed." Niall said. I gave him a tight smile.

"I know." But deep down in the pit of my stomach, I knew I wasn't.

With Rouge still missing and a confirmed suspicion of Scarlet's forced involvement in the lockdown that had occured, I knew AXION was still in major trouble.

I only wished there was some kind of turning point.

....

-Rouge-

"Almost... there!" I breathed a sigh of relief as James successfully grabs onto a latch.

"Pull me up," I ordered after I watched the agent heave himself up.

He held out his hand. I took it and climbed up. I stared at the scene before us.

"How far do you think we are from HQ?"

"Not very far," was the only thing I said.

"How did you know?"

"Because I've been here before."

Sorry for not updating for a long time, loves!

Just a little chapter to keep you all occupied. Still sorting out things. Can't promise when I will be back fully.

Anyways, it's the turning point! So excited! Just a few more chapters before the final conclusion! I promise you it wouldn't be something you'll ever expect.

Missing you lots,
M