Chapter Twelve: what I fear...

This is the rough draft version of my story. You can view the edited version on my profile which is strictly for my followers only.

-Scarlet-

I was woken up by a stinging sensation in my head. I flutter my eyes open to find myself in my room. I looked up to my clock to find it was still 2 am. I shot up from my bed and sprinted to my bathroom. I chugged down 2 pills of pain killers and waited for a few minutes for it to take effect. I walked back to my room and sat on my bed, I decided to shrug it off and lied down on my bed staring at the ceiling. I was no longer sleepy, so I got up from my bed again and quickly tip-toed to the kitchen, not bothering to wake anyone up. I quickly walked to the shelves grabbing a packet of tea. I never realized there was another presence in the room until someone coughed from behind. I was startled at first, but remained calm when I found out it was only Harry. He was sitting on a stool at the counter a cup in his hands.

"You were here the whole time?" I ask taking a seat across from him.

"Yeah..." he trailed off not bothering looking at me.

"Can't sleep?" I asked. He nodded. 

"Yeah... you?" 

"Me too... actually I woke up from a head ache and can't sleep after that..." I said taking a sip of my tea.

"Oh... you all right?"

 "Yeah... happens all the time... no biggie!" I said shrugging.

"Oh" was all he said.

"And you?"

"What?" he asked confused.

"Why can't you sleep?"

"Oh, um... I-I was just thinking..." he shrugged. Idecided to leave it if he doesn't want to talk about it then I won't push him. There was an awkward silence between us so I decided to talk.

"So... listen Harry..." I said. He looked up and we locked eyes.

"... I know we've only met for I dunno a week?..." I said unsure. "But I consider you as a friend, and you know you can tell me your problems and I'll listen... promise" His gaze falls like he was expecting for me to say something else. I gave his hand a light squeeze and he again looks up to me. I smiled and he smiled back, but I can see it was fake. I can see in eyes sadness, like it was longing for something, it needed something... I really wish I could help him, but for now, all I can do was be there for him.

Ever since we announced our fake relationship, he became more distant. He was hiding something from me and I know it. I snapped out of my thoughts and took a glace at the wall clock and find out it was already 3 in the morning.

"Listen, go back to bed, get some rest, sleep, you've got a long day ahead of you..." I suggested. He just nodded and grabbed his cup adn placed it on the sink. I mirrored his actions. He started to walk back upstairs when he stopped and turn to me.

"Scar?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks..." he mumbled.

"No prob!" I smiled. He turned back around and quickly got up the stairs.

I also got up the stairs to my room closing the door behind, I decided to take a jog. I changed out of my sweats and into a black tank top, running shorts and my running shoes.

I walked out of our flat and started to jog down the sidewalks. It was utterly quiet, the sun was beggining to show as it overtook the darkness. I slid on my earphones and pressed 'shuffle' on my phone. It was 'Oath' by Cher Lloyd.