Chapter 40: Clandestine Plans

Two hours earlier

Richard Stevenson stared at the two girls in front of him.

"Are you sure about this?" He asked. Danielle looked at Eleanor who nodded. She pursed her lips.

"Yes sir, we are."

"You do know the implications this decision will bring about, correct?"  it was Eleanor who spoke next.

"We know what we have to do, and we're willing to do it. It's about time we go back to the way things once were," Stevenson looked back and forth between the two ladies, deciding whether or not they were ready.

"Okay," he finally conceded.

Isla closed the door to her quarters, a glum expression on your face.

"You're only fooling the both of you," a voice said, startling her. Michelle rolled her eyes. Isla closed hers.

"I know."

A tear slipped down Rouge's face as she watched the five awestruck lads roaming around the weaponry.

I'm sorry.

She hastily wiped her face and plastered an incredulous look as she made her way to Louis.

...

Lennox's Headquarters, Present Time

"Wait, do we go left or right?" Louis asked as they came face to face with two opposing corridors. Liam turned to the device he was holding.

"Uh, right."

The lads hurriedly made their way to the right path.

"This is weird, isn't it?" Zayn spoke up.

"What is?" Niall asked.

"This," Zayn gestured all around them, "I never thought becoming a popstar would lead to this,"

"Well, normally it wouldn't. But we can't exactly say we're normal, can we?"

"We're a special case," Liam agreed.

"But you know what?" Louis said as they turned left. "I wouldn't trade this for the world," the others agreed with him. Liam was about to say something when he was cut off by an alarm that blared from afar.

And then on the other side of the building, all hell broke loose.

Rouge ran, as fast as she can, as a dozen men filed into the corridor she had occupied. She swore, feeling a bullet pass just above her right shoulder.

Great.

She grabbed the gun from her holster, quickly shooting the nearest of the men square on the chest.

She ducked as more bullets flew by. She turned to another corridor.

Come on, she kept thinking to herself, get them as far as possible.

It was stupid, this part of the plan, but no one can't disapprove of the reasoning behind it.

Lennox knew Rouge was coming for Scarlet, but what he didn't expect, was she brought some friends to help with.

Come on, come on!

She was nearing the North wing, she knew, and she was hoping with all the racket she was making that Michelle and her team were in position and were ready.

"Hey, you, stop!" a guard said as she zoomed past him, knocking off the gun on his hands.

Footsteps grew louder as more men joined the chase.