Chapter 37: Uncontrollable

-3rd Person-

Richard Stevenson looked at his niece sadly.

"You don't have to do this, Scy," He whispered. The grip on her gun tightened. Richard noticed her shaking.

"I have to," she bit out, her hand on the side clenching as she tried to fight off.

"No, Scarlet. You don't," Richard said softly as he tried getting close to her. Scarlet didn't move.

"I have to kill you. I have my orders," Scarlet's shoulders were tense.

"And who is directing those orders, Miss Ryce? Is it I? No, it certainly isn't,"

"I work for my Master. He told me to kill you,"

"You don't work for anyone but yourself, you told me that once,"

"I was wrong."

"No. You weren't. You were right. Fight it off, Scarlet. You know you can,"

"Stop. Stop it. Stop messing with my head!"

"I'm not messing with your head, Scarlet. Lennox is the one doing that."

"Shut up! Shut up, shut up!"

"No. Listen to me, child! You are stronger than this. You are a fighter. An agent. You are Scarlet Alexa Ryce."

"Stop it." Scarlet was begging. Richard shook his head.

"No, I won't stop until-"

"No. Stop it. Stop me please. Please make it stop." Scarlet fell to her knees. Richard slowly approached the distraught girl. A plethora of emotions were swirling in her eyes. Scarlet looked at her former mentor-- her uncle, then to the two unconcious bodies on the side. A tear streaked down her cheek as she recognised the mop of brown hair.

"You control yourself, Scarlet Ryce,"

Twenty minutes earlier--

"Scarlet, NO!" Harry who was exhausted from all the fighting and running, yelled out once he saw her as she held a gun on her hand which was trained to an older man whose face remained calm. Scarlet's body slightly tensed as her head turned, but her gun still positioned to shoot the old mentor.

"One more step and I'll shoot," she threatened, her voice foreign. Harry stopped, knowing the woman before her was serious.

"You don't have to do this, love," Harry said, his voice soft as he tried to calm her. He knew the Scarlet he loved was still there, he just had make her fight.

"Don't call me love, Styles," she spat out in disgust. Her free hand grabbed something from her belt and it took a second for Harry to realise it was another pistol. His eyes widened.

"Agent Scarlet Ryce is dead. And not even you can stop me from making AXION burn to the ground," she saw with her voice laced with menace.

Harry was now finding it hard to remember that this was the same girl he loved. His gut clenched at the venom in her words.

"No," a voice said firmly. "No, she's not."

Both Scarlet and Harry turned to her uncle. "Shut up, old man," she growled pointing the gun to the ground beside him and shooting. Richard didn't flinch.

"Please, Scarlet. You have to stop."

"I said shut up!" She pointed to the wall and shot. It barely missed the older man's head.

Harry used her distracted moment and ran to her side.

"No, Scarlet! You need stop!" He cried out as he tried to wrestle the guns from her hands. He managed to grab one of them and threw it to the far wall behind him. Scarlet kicked him on the gut and pushed him away.