c.6-A million dollars

"SERIOUSLY?!"

Aspen shouted in fury. Startling the woman a bit in surprise.

"Lower your voice!" Vera warned. Eyes flickering in annoyance.

"How am I supposed to when your plan is to stalk Ezra Kingston like a creep?!" The boy grumbled.

Making the woman roll her eyes in annoyance. "What else did you expect? Of course, I only have a way to follow him"

Vera stated, with unbothered face.

"Even if it is the only way, can't we be normal? I mean look at us sitting in the cafe for an hour! Especially you, you are literally pretending to read newspaper with sunglasses on while it's upside down. How are you gonna get his approval if you are going to be this foolish?!"

Aspen complained. Pointing out the young woman who was sitting across him at the table. "Jerk, you should have told me earlier"

Vera glared and turned the upside down newspaper into right position.

"You are the one who is stupid, little boy. Can't you see how I spent my money just to know his schedule for today?"

Vera questioned, proudly.

"How much did you use then?" Aspen queried. "A thousand dollars" the woman answered.

Making the boy frown in disbelief. "You could have asked me to do that so you won't have to waste money" Aspen stated.

Perplexing the woman.

"Even I messed up my sleep schedule just to get contact of one of the maids from his house. How the heck are you gonna do without spending money?"

Vera asked, furrowing her brows in confusion.

Silence covered the table. No response came up from the boy. As if he just spoke out something he should not.

"He is here. Act normal"

Aspen declared, in low tone. It caught the woman's attention fully. She turned over her shoulder. Not even bothered to acknowledge how the boy changed topic.

Looking through her sunglasses to take a peek at the man.

With a long dark blue blazer coat and hands in the pockets, Ezra Kingston walked into the cafe.

Two men followed from left and right like guards. One held the briefcase while another glanced around the area.

Ezra's black hair was slicked back. And a snake tattoo on neck could be seen.

'I didn't know he had tattoos'

Vera frowned. It seemed the night in club was too dark to see his tattoos.

"You are looking at him obviously"

Aspen voiced, pulling the woman back to reality. She quickly faced to front.

Pretending to read the newspaper while Aspen rolled his eyes and held the cup near to his lips.

'Please make him accept my proposal'

Vera squeezed her eyes and prayed. Hoping for the man to approve her proffer.

Based on the information, Ezra Kingston would always come here to buy the cake which his mother cherishes.

He's mama's boy. Only know to care about his mother and his nephew.

Also not everyone had seen how Ezra Kingston looked like. So he moved around in town normally.

Vera just happened to know how Ezra Kingston looked like since her ex-boyfriend showed the picture to her before.

"Alright, you stay here for a while"