c.40- Come back to me

"I am so relieved!"

Weeping, Vera embraced the man tightly. "I thought you would not wake up again! How could you scare me like that?!"

She raised her tone. Tears rolled down uncontrollably out of bliss.

This might be unexpected but it was certainly delightful event to encounter.

Meanwhile, Ezra attempted to process the current situation. Was he in coma for a few years perhaps, he thought.

His arm wrapped around his wife's waist, stroking her back gently to soothe her.

"I am sorry. Please don't cry" Although he was clueless, he apologized still.

Believing he was in position to. "No, no" Sniffling, Vera backed up from hug.

"Actually I am the one to apologize. You got that injury because of me. I should have never tried to step outside"

The woman wiped her tears away; perplexing the man across.

She was apologizing while he believed she would yell in his face for everything.

Promptly, Ezra seized his wife's arm to cease her before she could continue.

"Vera, you don't have to. It's me who kept all of those hidden from you. I just wanted to protect you" He explained.

Clearing the misunderstanding between them. It was when the woman quieted down. She blinked. He was not irritated?

Not even a bit? How understanding of him! The woman cleared her throat. "Why? Why did you want to?"

Vera's right brow rose. Not that she was unaware, but she needed to affirm.

Wanting to hear it coming from his lips that he had feelings for her.

But to her surprise, Ezra grasped her palm without any hesitation.

And he confessed;

"First of all, I am sorry on Zane Kingston's behalf for the suffering you went through. I know he's wrong, and you can do whatever you want to him"

Vera's brows raised over the unexpected admission. Even the uncle knew who was in wrong and admitted it.

"I won't prevent you from doing so. Be it revenge or anything you require, I am willing to provide and support you all the way. I want to be yours, Vera"

The words clasped the woman's breath entirely. The life felt complete suddenly.

She gulped. Staring through his eyes. How could he be this perfect?

More importantly, why couldn't she think of any responses in this situation?!

The confession was unanticipated. Leaving the woman lost for words. A smile grew upon Vera's lips at last.

"You do know how to make me speechless" She scoffed.

Avoiding the eye contact helplessly.

Her ears, now, flushed. His confession was million times better than Zane's who claimed her without consent.

It lightened her life with sparkles of love. She knew she would be happy with him.

Ezra's eyes formed into moon crescent shape over the sight of his wife.

The witty woman with replies in hand always, seemed to be struggling in hunt for responses. "Is it a yes?"

He tilted his head. Trying to observe the woman's reaction. "What else can I do? You must take responsibility"