c.28- Your husband's wife

"How did things go?"

As she arrived back to the house, Vera received a welcome from her husband.

He was wearing knee-length short pants again. She started to notice it a lot. He had been in same outfit style for days.

Did something inspire him; she pondered. "It was quite simple to discover the culprit among everyone"

A smile tugged at her lips out of confidence. Not to mention she showed her so-called defensive side upon Zane!

He better be feeling something by now! "What did you do to the culprit?"

Ezra tilted his head.

His eyes focused on the woman settling across him at lounge. She appeared to be in a good mood. Sparkles in her gaze.

"Well, I honestly sympathized her and offered her some money along with the job at my company" Vera explained.

Words from Zane echoed on the inside of her head. How would Ezra react?

Would he really be exasperated over her decision just like Zane Kingston stated?

"If you are gratified with it, I don't mind. You can stop doubting me" The reply from the man stunned the woman.

How did he find out she was suspecting his reaction?! Vera had no clue about the obvious scowl across her face.

"I was not. Just wondered what you would do after finding it out"

She attempted to persuade the man.

"Why do you ponder when you have the authority to do as you please?"

Raising his right brow, Ezra threw a query which quieted down the woman. It was strange. This man's act looked so real.

Sometimes, she found herself getting lured by his artificial affection.

Ezra Kingston was a cold man initially though. Why was he slowly changing into a flirty man with a sweet smile?

His personality became complex for the woman to figure out. Must be illusion.

He could be faking to assure Diana, his mother never doubted in the marriage.

The woman let out a sigh.

"Your nephew lectured me upon the way I handled the case. He even affirmed you would be mad. That's why I wondered"

Vera confessed the truth while crossing her legs. It was fine to speak truthfully.

Not like Ezra would get upset at her for exposing his nephew. "Zane did?"

Howbeit, the reaction from the man captured the woman's attention fully. His brows pulled each other. Expressing hint of disappointment. "Yes, he warned..."

Gulping, Vera retorted. What made him respond like that? This was bizarre.

"I see" A scowl vanished into thin air as if it never existed upon his face. "Looks like he is starting to care about you"

Rather, his lips curved up. And the woman felt chills. How could someone's smile appear petrifying yet captivating?

"It is too soon to presume. I am working still to form peace with your nephew"

She awkwardly chuckled.

The atmosphere was stiff suddenly. It felt difficult for the woman to breathe.

"Zane Kingston's wife sent an invitation for dinner date with us" Change of topic.

Catching the woman off guard. That woman, Isabella Jones was really starving for Ezra's attention.