c.21- Under the warmth of your house

"Oh hey!"

Vera flashed a beam at her husband who approached near to them two.

"You gained consciousness quicker than I believed" Ezra stated. Standing beside the bed across the boy.

"I did not make up my mind to be your wife easily, darling. This tiny accident won't kill me"

Vera's lips curved up into a smirk.

At the moment, Aspen's eyes stared through the intense gaze of the man.

"You must be Vera's husband. I am Aspen, her boy friend" He introduced himself. It somehow made the man tilt his head.

"Tu étais avec ma femme tout ce temps?" The query came up.

Hushing down the woman on the bed. She furrowed her brows. Their voices lowered.

She couldn't hear what they were talking although her husband was right by her side.

Something was wrong here.

"Nous sommes rapprochés il y a environ un mois" Aspen responded beneath a calm gaze.

After a response from the boy, Vera gritted her teeth in exasperation. "Why are you two whispering?!"

A shout escaped between her lips.

It was when the two men turned to peer at her. They two then glanced at each other.

Anxiety ran through both of their blood. What should they do? Same query crossed their minds at the time.

"Ai-je le droit de lui parler de son état?" Aspen questioned with a scowl.

"Tu n'as pas à. Je peux me débrouiller" Ezra proclaimed.

Causing the boy to inhale deeply. Well, he couldn't do as he pleased in front of the man named Ezra Kingston.

After all, he gripped upon the throne for the strongest hunter.

Then the man's eyes shifted towards the woman who was confused over the situation like a fool.

"You lost your hearing sense, Vera. But not completely. You can only hear voices if it is louder than usual tone"

Ezra explained. He tried his best to detail she was all fine still.

Yet, Vera's eyes widened in disbelief.

The shock embraced the aura as her gaze veiled with regret. She fucked up. All this sacrifice for revenge.

All just because she required to ruin that jerk's life. Now, they messed up.

She wasted her hearing sense for a useless punk. Pointless.

This was not right!

"You shouldn't have rescued that asshole" Aspen mumbled under a frown.

"Fuck..." With hands running through her hair, Vera muttered to herself in frustration.

Things weren't going well as she expected. This was too much.

Poor woman had to bite her lower lip to hold the tears back. She might end up crying.

Her brain was not functioning as well. Everything balled up into a fist. Making it difficult for her to think straight.

"Don't concern. I have discussed with the doctor to treat you. It can be cured"

Ezra's hand slowly rose. Caressing the head of the woman which quieted down Aspen from the side.

The boy's gaze landed on the hand that was stroking Vera's head.