c.25- As long as my wife is happy

"Where is your apartment?"

With eyes gleaming, Vera questioned the boy. They had arrived.

The fancy apartment where the woman never thought this boy would be at. 

"I own this entire building. You can go in and out as you please" Aspen responded. Stunning the woman.

"How much do they pay you as bartender?" Vera furrowed her brows. "Quite a lot" 

The boy shrugged. 

And the woman nodded with amusement. It seemed bartender paid more than her civil engineer job.

They two stepped into the room on third floor as the boy's lead. 

As the door unlocked, Vera fell into pool of shock. He hung the guns and rifles on the wall along with swords.

This floor appeared to be the storage room for weapons. 

"You really need to tell me what you actually work as, Aspen. This isn't common"

Vera stated beneath a scowl. 

Her eyes followed the boy who walked inside without answering her query. 

"Choose what you like. Be certain to pay though. I will sell with fair price to you" He turned around.

Flashing a smile at the woman. Meanwhile, Vera was speechless.

The fact that he was avoiding her question, was suspicious. 

"Quit staring with those eyes. Pick already. I am impatient" Aspen pulled the woman back from thoughts.

He sat on the table, spreading his legs as he peered at her with hands clasped.

Vera could not help but did as the boy's words since he was offering willingly. 

She stepped inside quickly and the boy snapped his fingers. Closing the door behind which startled Vera.

"I want that two"

She refused to ask how the apartment functioned. Pointing at the gun and dagger from across.

"That's it? You can choose more, Miss Vera. I am going to make it fair price"

Aspen avowed. Causing the woman to roll her eyes. "I got enough money already. Just don't want unnecessary things"

Vera replied. Holding the black card out she owned. It was when Aspen nodded.

"Three thousand" He voiced. Making the woman furrowed brows. 

"Reduce to twenty five" 

She suggested. And the boy let out a sigh. "I wonder which old woman boasted she got enough money"

He mumbled to himself. Accepting the price Vera mentioned at last.

Like that the woman bought the weapons she required. She headed back after.

Only to get welcomed by her husband in the living room. He sat on the lounge with file in hand.

He seemed drown in the document. But at the same time, he appeared to be irritated about something.

"Good evening" Vera smiled. 

Trying to go upstairs and hide the weapons already before the man caught.

"Where were you?" Ezra asked out loud. Throwing the file onto the table. His eyes now met with the woman's.

"I was meeting with Aspen. You recall him, right?" Vera raised brows.