c.13- Bury him alive

"What?!"

Due to surprise, a shout escaped between Zane's lips. His eyes widened at the same time.

"My! I didn't know you had a wife! When did you two get married even?" Expressing the curiosity, Isabella Jones questioned.

Completely ignoring her husband who was in pool of disbelief.

"A month ago, I would say"

Ezra's answer stunned the three. Especially, Zane. When did his ex girlfriend get to know his uncle?!

Why the fuck did she choose to marry his uncle out of everyone?!

List of questions spun in the head of the man. Finding it as one of the nightmares to encounter.

'What the heck? It is been a week only if I am certain' Vera quietly stated. Noticing the lie of the man.

But she did not act dumbfounded.

Instead, she chose to play along with him. "I asked him to conceal our marriage from others for a while since it could capture attention too much more than your wedding"

Wearing a tiny smile, Vera broke into the conversation.

Backing the man as she could. "You are so mean, uncle!! A hint would have satisfied me at least. Now, we got to know only after a month!"

Through an annoyed tone, Isabella Jones pouted. Complaining to the man as if she was the real niece.

Her response clearly revealed how she acknowledged Ezra Kingston's presence only here. The way she ignored Vera screamed it out loud.

"How could I ruin my wife's wish?"

However, Ezra responded. Holding the woman's waist firmly still.

"Awwn, look at your dear uncle being in love at last, baby" With a grin, Isabella faced her husband.

"Where are the rings then? Where is the affirmation of your marriage?"

But straight up questions from Zane annoyed Vera while Ezra fell into silence. "Bae! That's so rude of you!"

With her brows wrinkled, Isabella lectured. Hitting the arm of Zane.

"Why do we have to prove, my dear nephew, Zane Kingston? Is it a need to verify with certification?"

In a mocking tone, Vera taunted.

Wearing a slight smirk, only to exasperate the man more.

The atmosphere around them lifted with hint of frustration which made Isabella Jones felt ill at ease.

Meanwhile, on the other side, Ezra observed the situation quietly.

Thousands of thoughts ran inside his head. "You two don't even have rings on. What if you are just someone from the street that uncle picked to cover up something?"

Harsh words escaped between Zane's lips. Hitting the woman's heart with bullet of cruelty.

He did not hesitate even.

Addressing her as some filth from the side of road. "Zane Kingston! That's offensive! How could you speak in that manner to aunty?!"

In hurry, Isabella Jones raised her tone at her husband.

"Behave yourself, Zane Kingston. She is not someone you can mess around with. She Is My Wife"

Each by each, Ezra pressed the words to show off authority upon his nephew. "Then prove it! How could everyone believe when there is no attestation of your marriage?"