c.43- I don't love you

"Mistress, where are you going?"

The guard at the gate queried over the sight of the woman in car alone.

She sat at the driver's seat, scowling and honking repeatedly. "Open the gate!"

Vera shouted with the car window down. "But Mistress, Master has ordered us to assure your safety! You can't leave alone! Please take some bodyguards!"

The guard replied, shaking in fright. "I need to meet my friend! Just open it!"

Impatiently, Vera yelled. Her brows pulled each other to form a tight frown.

"But-" "I am going to fire you if you complain again! Now, do it!"

At last, the guard unlocked the gate for the woman to leave. "Please be careful!"

He shouted as Vera drove off at high speed. "Aspen, answer the damn phone"

"The number you are trying to reach is unavailable-" "Ugh, fuck!"

No matter how many times she tried to call back the number, it left unanswered.

The calls were on hold; no one accepted the calls. "Is he fucking with me?!"

Gripping onto the steering wheel, Vera clicked her tongue furiously.

Around five, the woman arrived to the cafe. Although she headed out since four, the heavy traffic blocked her way.

Rushing inside, she found the busy cafe within. Still, no sight of Aspen.

"Welcome, Miss. What would you like to have?" Helplessly, Vera could only wait.

"One cup of latte please. Oh and an iced coffee too" She ordered for the boy too.

With the hope to see him. Once settled, she tapped her heel against the floor due to anxiety. When would he come?

How would he appear? What would his circumstances be? Would he be alright?

Vera checked time constantly. Minute by minute, the time passed slowly.

Maybe because she was looking forward to meet, time passed quite slowly

At last, it had hit six in the evening. Yet, Aspen had not entered the cafe.

Concerning the woman more. "Where the heck is he?" Gritting teeth, Vera muttered. Five past six. No sight of him.

Twenty past six. No sight of him still.

Just as the woman was about to get up and search by herself, the bell at the door rang. Making Vera look up instantly.

There he was! Aspen entering the cafe alone suspiciously. He had a hoodie on.

The sunglasses and mask upon to conceal his appearance as well.

The woman managed to recognize him by height and hair strands there were out. "Vera!" Aspen's voice conquered.

It was when the woman felt the heavy feeling melting down on the inside.

He came. He had appeared before her sight. "Oh my goodness!" She rushed forward. Embracing the boy tightly.

The sight appeared as if the couple had reunited after a long breakup.

When in reality, Vera was cursing under her breath in exasperation.

She buried her face upon his chest, and murmured; "You asshole!"

"That's how you greet me?" Aspen scowled while stroking the woman's head as if she was some sort of cat.