c.18- Take your shirt off

"It is today!"

In the morning, a shout of bliss echoed in the entire room.

The voice owner was none other than Vera Charlene. She seemed to be in a good mood today.

In view of the fact that today was the day for her to meet Zane and others, she was thrilled.

"Mistress, I have prepared breakfast for you" The head maid notified.

Knocking on the door.

"Thank you! I will be down there in a few minutes!" Vera responded.

She quickly finished the morning routine and headed to the dining room alone by herself.

Encountering her husband there.

"Good morning, darling!"

A delighted voice came up from the woman as Vera wrapped her arms around the man's neck from back.

Diana was not in the dining room today due to her appointment with the doctor for medical care.

"Morning, love" Ezra's deep voice permeated into the woman's ears.

"Is there any good news?"

Noticing his wife's light mood, the man could not help but question.

It caused Vera to turn to look at him after settling down beside him.

She beamed.

"It it such good news that my dear husband is not out for business in the morning" Vera disclosed.

Veiling the truth with the sweet lie to deceive everyone except Ezra.

He smiled. It could not be true. He could see that she was thrilled about something today.

And it was clearly not because of his presence. "Do you still recall the golf encounter I have told you?"

Ezra raised his right brow.

Earning a nod back from the woman. "I have clothes prepared"

She notified. It was the moment the man quieted down. Although the smile displayed still across his face, it appeared to be lacking somehow.

"Great. It won't waste our time then" Caressing the woman's head, Ezra complimented her in soft tone.

The view was convincing enough to fool almost everyone around them.

The married couple was bizarre.

One day, they barely talked. Next day, they flirted a lot to the point where maids even had to leave.

It seemed odd yet too real to accuse at the same time. "Is that what you are wearing to the golf encounter?"

Vera furrowed her brows.

Observing the man in suit who was wearing a watch. "Mhm"

He replied. Taking a glance to his wife through the reflection of the mirror in front of him. "No"

The woman protested.

She stood up from the lounge and walked near to the man with scowl.

"We are going to the golf encounter and have some fun. Not business meeting" Vera pointed out.

Her voice contained hint of vexation and disappointment.

She sounded annoyed to see her husband not caring about the outfits and the surroundings.

"Love, if you do not favor my suit, why don't you pick the ones you like and dress me up by yourself?"

Unexpected query came up.