c.39- I will be waiting for you

"Ezra, where are you going?"

Under a frown, Vera threw a question towards the man in front of her.

His steps were rapid, leaving her behind. They were surrounded by the tall grass.

In the middle of nowhere, the sun shone brightly upon them. "Ezra!" Once again, Vera let out a shout to her husband.

"Seriously?! What is this silent treatment for?!" At last, she rushed up after him.

Seizing him by wrist to force him to face her. And she froze. Dejected gaze displayed on his face. "Ezra...?"

Vera's brows wrinkled in an instant. Why did he appear as if he lost someone?

"What's the matter?" The woman asked. "They are calling for me, Vera. I must go"

Howbeit, the response from the man perplexed Vera entirely. Huh? Who?

What was he talking about? How did she end up in this situation even? "Wait, can you give me an explanation first of all?"

Furrowing brows, the woman demanded. "Vera, we can't be together anymore"

Ezra murmured which quieted down his wife. Confusion wandered around.

"It's been over a month only. We have to be married for three months still. Or did I do something wrong?" Vera queried.

Her heart pounded rapidly.

Did he find out she was slowly falling in love with him without noticing herself?

Did he perhaps discover she knew all his dark secrets so that he had to get rid of her? Between two, she pondered.

Not being able to make a conclusion. "No, Vera. It's just they are calling"

The man shook his head. "Who?! Why are you puzzling me?!" Out of vexation, the woman raised her tone eventually.

It was when Ezra shoved her grip off of him. "I am sorry. I must leave now"

Saying those words, he stepped away. "What the heck?! Ezra Kingston! Stop! You can't leave me like this!"

Driven by dissatisfaction, Vera tried to cease the man. She sped up her steps.

Yet, lacked behind as her husband's figure faded away slowly. "EZRA!"

With sweats running down on neck and forehead, Vera extended her hand in air.

Grasping absolutely nothing while sitting up on the bed. "Oh, it was a dream"

Breathing heavily, she reminded herself. It felt a little real that concerned her.

But it seemed to be nothing more than a nightmare. "How did I end up here?"

At last, Vera realized the room she was in. This bedroom she shared with Ezra, how did she arrive back to the mansion?

Thoughts wavered.

"Ah, so, he really did come to save me" Lips curved up into a smile over the collection of memories. She heard him.

She heard her husband's voice before passing out. That meant he came!

He appeared to rescue her out of there. Vera promptly rushed out of the bed.

Would Ezra be reading? Working perhaps? Or having a meal alone?

Maybe he fell asleep in his workroom? "I must apologize first" Vera muttered to herself while stepping outside.

Not seeing what was waiting ahead. "Oh my! Vera! Dear! You are awake finally!"

As soon as the woman walked out, she encountered Diana in wheelchair, who was also happened to be nearby.