c.31- I know

Rain started to pour.

Staring out of the car window, Vera somehow felt heavy in her chest.

Something bad was about to occur. A woman's intuition could never lie.

"You are strangely not using your phone. Is there anything on your mind?" Aspen tore the silence while driving.

He might be focusing on the roads, but his attention never lessened when it came to the woman named Vera.

"What do you mean?" The woman frowned. Peering at the boy by her side.

"Usually, you would scroll through online shops when you are in the car out of boredom. Now, you seem drained"

The boy pointed out.

"I would definitely do that if I had phone in my hand. But I haven't bought a new one yet" Vera responded under a sigh.

Ezra seemed busy this morning. She could not bring herself to disturb him.

So, she just headed out without any phone in grasp to meet up. "Huh?"

Aspen's brows wrinkled. "Did you throw your phone away after seeing something frustrating?" He scoffed. "Ezra did"

Yet, the retort quieted him down. He pressed the brake. Causing the woman's eyes to widen. "Boy, what the heck?!"

They almost got into car accident! "Do you mean he destroyed your phone?"

Assuring, Aspen turned to peer as he parked the car by the side of street.

"Yes, but there was a reason behind. He did it out of panic. It was nothing viole-" "Vera Charlene, divorce him right now"

The boy cut the woman's words off with simple sentence. Stunning her wholly.

"Listen to me first. It was not threatening at all. Because of someone else, he did it" Vera attempted to defend the man.

"No, the violence is never minor case to neglect. He can abuse you in future"

The boy asserted.

Making the woman let out a sigh. "Relax. He is gentle. Quite tender so that I can feel my heart melting sometimes"

Beneath a sheepish smile, Vera admitted while a scowl displayed on Aspen's face.

"Old woman, are you in love with him?" Instead of beating around bushes, he got straight to the point. "Of course not!"

Vera also denied right away. Hushing down the boy. Her eyes were gleaming.

Glinting with determination. Was she really not in love? Or she had yet to?

Queries crossed his mind. "Call the police as soon as he raises his voice at you, or try to lay hands on you"

At last, Aspen only warned. He knew he would not be able to pull the woman out.

Alerting her was the only choice.

"Ezra would never" Frowning, Vera mumbled. She peered out of window.

Not a chance in lifetime, would that happen. "Old woman?" Aspen voiced.

They had arrived to the mansion back. But Vera managed to fall asleep on the way. "Hello? Wake the heck up!"

Impatiently, Aspen called out. Causing the woman to sit up in surprise.

"I am up! I am up! I am ready to take the exam!" Still traumatized by engineering final exam, Vera muttered out of blue.

Tickling the boy a bit. "Idiot" He shook his head. Getting out of the car with an umbrella in his hand to approach Vera.

"Oh, the exam is over. I am officially a civil engineer" A sigh escapes.