c.29- Together in their bed

The maids were trembling in fright.

It felt like being aimed with the rifle. Once you moved, you would be dead.

After all, the person in front of them was Ezra Kingston. "Vera..." Breaking the unbreathable silence, Ezra turned to look at his wife. Her eyes filled with disbelief.

Anxiety ran in her veins. "Love, are you alright?" As if he did not just cause the horrible scene, Ezra stroked Vera's hair.

A concerned frown displayed across his face. He acted as if nothing happened.

He behaved like he did nothing shocking. "Y... Yes. But are you fine?" Though her mind constantly wavered with negative thoughts, Vera still managed to respond.

This man did not seem okay at all. She believed he was a tender man.

Now, hopes crushed into pieces.

There was no way this violent behavior did not scream his temper.

"I am fine. Don't accept any calls from that woman in future. She is a threat to me and others" Ezra explained briefly.

His eyes embraced sadness to plead the woman. Was he even the same person?

The query crossed Vera's mind. He went feral in a blink. Now, he was begging.

"Why? Did she commit a crime?"

The woman attempted to dig in for the information. Something must have occurred between Blyana and Ezra.

His reaction was too strong.

A sigh crawled up between Ezra's lips as he lowered his head. "Everyone, leave the room" A command fell upon.

Making every maid rushed out instantly. They had been waiting for this moment.

To escape this terrifying man's fury. "Listen, Vera" Once again, Ezra faced his wife. A frown tugged still. Too quick.

His expression switched faster than a blink. Maybe. Maybe he panicked for a moment. Vera tried to calm herself.

Even if that meant lying to herself.

"Blyana used to be my wife in contract. But she broke important condition so I kicked her out. It seems she is back to avenge or whatsoever to do as will"

Holding the woman's hand, the man admitted. His voice was slightly shaking.

It might appear he was anxious about his ex-wife's return. However, in truth, it was wrong. Not because of Blyana.

But because out of fear; fear of losing.

"Are you saying she fell in love?" Vera tilted her head beneath a scowl.

Why did her husband sound so scared? Was Blyana a cruel woman to him?

Did that mean he threw the phone away simply out of panic and terror?

Countless queries wandered on Vera's mind. Yet, no answers were given back.

"Yes" Another sigh came up from Ezra. It was when the woman dived into pool of silence. The real heartless one was him.

Kicking a woman out because she fell in love with him? It was harsh. But again who was she to judge? Contract was contract. No objections were accepted.

"Wait, so, she is aiming at me to avenge you by contacting me? How does it work? Shouldn't she target you instead?"

Confusion rushed up within. Right. Why did Blyana call her? She had no use to be honest since she also was in contract.