c.42- Kiss me

WARNING- MATURE CONTENT IS INCLUDED IN THIS CHAPTER WHICH MAY UPSET SOME READERS.

"Vera..."

A soft tone permeated into the woman's ears who was sitting on the bed silently.

Her mind was filled with thoughts. Fear, gratification, and bliss. They were mixed.

"Ezra, did you tell mom about it?" Under a frown, Vera turned to look at her husband. She felt ill at ease.

Would Diana still accept her after knowing the truth? Would she abandon her? She was a complete stranger.

Zane Kingston was the blood shared grandson after all. But Vera did not wish to disappoint Diana or leave from here.

She knew she was being too greedy. Howbeit, she had them only.

She wanted to continue being their family member. Ezra approached, sitting by the side of the woman.

"Don't worry. She is aware of her grandson's fault. You can rest assured"

Tenderly, Ezra flashed a smile while holding his wife's palm. Relieving Vera.

"Thank you"

"I have done nothing helpful. What's that for?" The man furrowed his brows.

"You are always there to rescue me out of problems. How is that nothing?" Vera returned a question under a frown.

"Isn't it a husband's duty to protect his wife?" Ezra replied. Causing the woman to let out a chuckle in amusement.

He sure spoke in a way to melt her heart. "How was it? To achieve your goal"

The man threw a query in tranquility. His eyes admired his wife from head to toes.

"Satisfying much. It can't be described in words" Vera's lips curved up.

Veiling the fact that Zane almost gave her a heart attack back in the kitchen.

However, Ezra noticed everything so that he ended up encouraging the woman.

"You can grasp me tightly, love. I will hold you till the shudders disappear"

It was the moment Vera's smile dropped. Her eyes filled with tears immediately.

The words she had been yearning for came from a person she loved lastly.

Without a word, the woman wrapped her arms around her husband. Embracing him tightly as the man wasn't startled.

He warmly embraced her back as he anticipated her to react in such way.

"It was one frightening moment actually. I was scared I might end up in same situation like the one in the past"

Vera eventually broke down in tears. Ezra did not prevent her at all. He hugged her firmly and let her spit them out.

"I loathe myself"

The woman admitted.

"Why didn't I stop him at all cost?! I should have tried my best to stop him! If only he didn't record it and threaten me, I would have reported it to the police!"

Grasping onto the man's shirt as it got soaked in tears, Vera disclosed.

Her veiled hatred, terror, and regret loosened. She released them all.

Until she couldn't cry anymore. "I am sorry. I am so sorry" Although he was not guilty, Ezra still apologized.

His hand caressed her back to soothe her. "I hate him! I hate that Zane Kingston!" Weeping, Vera confessed.