c.26- Her mesmerizing defensive side

"Vera?" 

A frown displayed across Zane's face over the sight of the woman walking up to him.

The fresh suit she wore, embraced the dark aura despite the white color. Something about her was intimidating. 

"Good afternoon" Vera flashed a smile. It quieted down the man for seconds. He scowled. Swimming in the ocean of thoughts to express the perplexity. 

Why was she here instead of his uncle? Clearly, she was not the one he looked forward to encounter right here.

"Where is my uncle?"

Zane threw a question.

And the woman tilted her head. "I thought he had already informed you about the situation?" Vera asked.

"What kind of situation?" Zane voiced. The displeased frown across his face tickled the woman somehow. 

He was already annoyed by her presence while she had done absolutely nothing.

It was hilarious; as if he was not concerned about her condition after bomb accident days ago.

Now, he was behaving arrogant. 

"My husband can't attend the meeting. I am here to assist you under his request, my dear nephew" Vera beamed.

It was the moment the man hushed down in full of disappointment. 

What was his uncle doing?!

"The meeting is important and yet he sent someone who has no knowledge"

Zane murmured. He obviously was not pleased to discover the current situation.

"Don't underestimate your dear aunty. We are in the same boat to dig some truth today" Vera stated.

And the man's right brow rose. "Did uncle tell you about the mess?"

He frowned. "My husband would never request me with no information"

Vera shrugged, causing Zane to let out a sigh in relief. "Thankfully" He muttered.

She was aware. The company was under chaotic scandal due to the reviews from customers who claimed the cosmetics ruined their skin after a few days.

It was a huge mess so that the stock sales were dropping in an instant.

Ezra had gone through the process to assure the cosmetics were doing fine.

One conclusion came up.

Someone among the managers was stealing the money instead of investing in the steps to accomplish the cosmetic.

As result, Ezra hauled evidences and sent his nephew on his behalf to handle the mess alone with the woman;

so that Zane could gain fame as well. He could also attend the other business.

"Here. The file" The woman handed the document into the man's hand.

The evidences were passed into his grasp at last. His duty was to force the thief to confess everything.

He ran through the papers to check them. And he shut the file after. Staring at the woman beneath a frown.

"There are a few conditions you have to follow if you wish to guide me"

Zane asserted.

The way his voice switched to the dominant loud tone, quieted down the woman. He acted so superior.

It made Vera's blood boil in frustration somehow. The urge to punch him so hard, remained in her mind.

She was trying best to restrain herself from throwing hands right in his face.