c.27- The bizarre feeling

"Let's calm down first"

Vera instructed the two men who were about to cross limit, especially Zane.

"It is understandable to hear you stating your opinion in the case. But I don't favor the way you disrespect him. He is the CEO currently. Mind your words at least"

The woman continued to defend the nephew of her husband. For the whole time, Zane had been in deep silence.

His eyes gazed down at the grasp upon his forearm. She gripped him firmly.

Ceasing him from throwing fists.

She was like this before as well. Always pulling him back from getting into fights.

Rather, she would debate with the other side of party in order to protect him, without any physical violence.

Now, she was behaving the same way. Dragging him back under her control to prevent the brawl. She stayed same.

His belief of her changing in a short amount of time was inaccurate this whole time. She remained as before.

Did that mean she still loved him?

She nearly risked her life to rescue him in the bomb accident. All the points indicated at one certain conclusion.

This woman still cherished him!

"I apologize"

Harry lowered his gaze in an instant. "Which field do you work at here?"

Vera queried the man, Harry. She ignored the apology completely. The plan to shield Zane had succeeded thanked to this man named Harry. She could go on.

The time to solve the problem had reached. Harry's eyes widened in surprise to hear the woman's query.

"It.. It is check up team, Ma'am"

He nervously responded. Vera's eyes glanced around in tranquility.

No one's face twisted in disgust. So this man was not lying about the category. "Who is the leader of check up team?"

Vera raised her right brow. It was the moment the woman stood up.

It was the same woman who tried to suggest with her document a moment ago. A smirk tugged at Vera's lips.

Frightening Harry as the woman gulped. No wonder, this woman Vera Charlene became the wife of Ezra Kingston!

They matched perfectly!

Both were terrifying but in different fonts. The husband stared through your soul with threats until you passed out.

And the wife smirked as if she found a way to step on your life into pieces.

In short, the married couple was intimidating as fuck. "Zane, we are taking her with us" All of the sudden, Vera turned around to face the man.

His brows rose. He seemed to have snapped back to reality finally.

"To my office right now, Miss Lia" Without even asking back for reason, Zane followed Vera's instructions.

He did not realize the fact that he agreed to the woman since he was busy making a conclusion over her behavior on him.

"Understood..." A murmur escaped between Lia's lips. "Oh, sorry" Vera also muttered an apology to the man.

She pretended as if she just noticed how she had been holding his forearm.

But of course.

She was aware the whole time. The plan was to make this man feel secure.

From the past long relationship with him, she learned how he craved for a shield.