c.32- To be helpful

"H... How did you...?"

Beneath a scowl, Vera threw a question. This man was aware all the time then?

Then why didn't he drive her out? Shouldn't the uncle be worried about his own nephew being targeted by an ex?

Was he waiting to corner her and kick her out with firm evidence perhaps?

Queries wandered on the woman's mind. Anxiety rushed up. What should she do in this kind of situation? Run? Lie? Hide?

No. There was not even one decision for her to pick. She was stuck there.

Completely stuck.

"I knew it all along, Vera. There is no way I would have married you without running a background check"

Ezra proclaimed. His voice remained calm. He spoke as if he knew what to do next, unlike the woman. "Why then?"

In perplexity, Vera queried. "Why did you  concur to marry me?" She scowled.

She might be at fault for lying to him this whole time. But now that he admitted, wasn't it his choice for agreeing to this?

"I wanted to help"

Taking a sip of the coffee, Ezra claimed. And it was the moment Vera froze.

She blinked. What was this man saying? This damn rain must be the cause; she did not hear it right. He must have meant something else. "Can you repeat?"

Shocked, the woman requested. She needed to assure she heard it right.

"Vera, I gave you a chance to confess everything that day. Do you recall it?"

Instead of repeating, the man asked. Hushing down the woman. Of course.

She still remembered how he buried a man alive for being late to offer rings. He even threatened her indirectly by that.

So, he was allowing her to admit before it was too late back then?!

Vera gulped and lowered her gaze. "I do. I am sorry for lying to you" Whatever.

She should apologize before she got thrown under six feet of the ground.

It was not like she could bury the truth now that he discovered everything. It was better off with an early apology.

"Don't be sorry"

Howbeit, Ezra's response drove the woman insane. What did he mean?!

She was certain he would go feral to hear the admission from her!

"For all the sins Zane Kingston has done, I will take responsibility on his behalf" The man made a vow that day.

He did not hesitate at all. It dragged Vera into pool of silence. Sins? He knew.

Ezra knew the fact that Zane threatened her to be his girlfriend after taking her virginity away without consent.

Ezra knew Zane played off the falling in love character to trick her so that she would forget his sins slowly.

Rush of embarrassment crawled up to Vera's throat. She clasped her dress.

What a shame.

Even the uncle of that asshole was aware what kind of situation she had to go through in the past four years.

If this was not the most mortifying thing, she did not know what else was.

The woman felt disappointed and disgusted to herself at the same time.

She could not even find the courage to stare up at her husband at this point.

"Ezra, don't you think blood is thicker than water?" Vera asserted, eyes focusing down to her thighs.