c.36- A great planner

"How do they taste?"

Vera threw a question to break the silence since the man had been eating the desserts like a dead person.

The awkward silence almost killed her. "Good" Sharp reply came up.

Annoying the woman. The efforts she put in to begin the chat vanished!

"Did Isabella call you to visit me?" But, Zane continued the conversation. Relieving the woman a bit. "No"

Vera shook her head. "She would never contact another woman to check her husband" She scoffed with an eye roll.

"Were you worried?" Zane lifted his gaze. Stars gleaming within. "About you?"

Slowly, Vera commenced to realize how this man across her was feeling.

After catching his own wife being in love with his uncle must have disheartened him to the point he felt like dying.

His whole body screamed exhaustion no matter which angle you looked from.

"Mhmm" Eyeing down, Zane voiced. The sight of him being embarrassed, irritated Vera on the other hand. How shameless.

Just how shameless of him!

"I was" A smile displayed across the woman's face. Embracing the image of fallen angel in front of a broken man.

A huge attack at a right time. Hearing the retort, Zane's eyes slightly widened.

He looked up. Surprise glinting in gaze. She changed. A lot. A lot without him.

On that dinner party, she was claiming she would torture him till death. But she saved him, and cared about him.

Maybe, she was blabbering out of fury since he was married right after.

Zane gulped. Rush of regret crawled up. He knew it was too late to realize her love. He knew it was too late to restart.

However, an ounce of hope grew within him. What if she still loved him?

What if she married his uncle to get him back? Thoughts slowly turned one sided.

He could not think of anything else other than thoughts that would satisfy his imagination. "Thank you, Vera"

The man's lips corners curved up to form into a smile of gratification. "What's there for? You are my nephew"

Pressing the vexation, Vera awakened him to the reality. Hushing him down.

Nephew. Aunt. The relationship that could never work out anymore.

"Accept my gratitude before I take it back" Furrowing brows, Zane hissed.

Making the woman grit her teeth.

"Why don't we have a brunch outside? You must have been hiding here for hours. You should get some air"

The unexpected invitation from Vera left the man at a loss for words.

She was offering the opportunity to have lunch together. How bizarre.

This woman spoke as if she wished for his death most of the time. But her actions meant the total opposite.

It clenched his heart with fury. Wavered his thoughts with perplexity.

Due to the fact that he was heart broken to discover his wife's real intention, Zane decided to lean on the nearest shoulder.

That was none other than Vera's.

"Sure. I was about to head out anyway" Zane stood up after placing the plate down. Delighting the woman wholly.