c.35- Another plot twist

"He is gonna kill us"

The voice echoed. Startling the woman who was hiding near the staircases.

The footsteps were approaching her; she must run. Veil herself from everyone. Vera promptly dashed up the stairs.

Encountering the empty hall where several rooms existed in mystery.

No cell was located. "Laboratory?" A frown displayed across Vera's face.

"What do you mean someone broke in?" Familiar voice chased to third floor.

Panicking the woman once again. Why were they heading up to here?!

Did her husband catch up with the oddness?! Was she going to die like this?! For being goddamn curious?!

Having no choice, Vera rushed into the nearest room. It was dark, tidy, and serene, with no one inside luckily.

But her husband directed to the room she was hiding in. "Where?" Along with the query, the doorknob twisted.

Sending chills down to the woman's spine. She's screwed for real!

She should have stayed curious and then moved on! Now, everything became tangled! This was a huge chaos!

The messy puzzle she would lose her own life while trying to solve!

With hand upon her lips, Vera hid under the desk where files were placed on.

This must be safe for a moment.

This had to be! Slowly, the door unlocked. However, as the door opened, a yell interrupted. "There is a problem!"

It was enough to relieve the woman a bit. Yet, she blinked in confusion.

No sound of door closing. It was still wide open. Without any reply, Ezra stood at the door. Eyes on the desk across.

And there was Vera, who was trying her best to hold her breath in anxiety.

"What's wrong?" Thankfully, Ezra followed the man after. "Lord..."

Out of relief, Vera sighed. She took a peek at the door. Assuring they were gone for real. Then she stepped out.

"Test's results?"

As she got up, the file's name fell in front of her eyes. It was pulsing her to read.

Drawing her in to sink deeper into this mysterious matter. "Ugh, fuck"

At last, she grabbed the files; going through them one by one in silence.

Howbeit, her face dropped due to disbelief after reading them through.

Human trafficking linked with this. They were attempting to create drugs that could give people both joy and pain.

You would be imagining yourself fulfilling your desires while being haunted by them at the same time.

It was same as manipulation.

Controlling a person's mind to attain whatever you required. The approval was signed by two men at the end of paper.

First, Ezra Kingston and second, Thomas Henley. Aspen was accurate.

His grandfather and her husband were actually committing crimes together.

"Oh, god. This is messed up"

It might be true that Vera vowed to endure every hardship in view of the fact that Ezra Kingston was a crime lord.

Howbeit, being informed everything in short about this whole situation, it was different. She was at a loss for words.