c.30- Henley family

"You are late!"

With a frown tugged at her face, Vera yelled at the boy. She was at café.

She had been waiting for Aspen since an hour ago. How could she not be angry?

"Be glad I appeared instead of ghosting you today" Under a frown, Aspen hissed. Settling down across the woman.

"You asshole. I would be causing troubles in your club tonight if you did not appear" Vera shot a death glare.

"That's why I am here" The boy rolled his eyes. He knew the woman's temper. 

"Great. Now, tell me. Did you get the schedule? I did not wait for an hour to be informed it was hard to get, you know" 

Crossing legs, Vera furrowed her brows. He better have what she asked. 

An hour she spent in the café alone should not be poured into mud.

"Yes, but, it is not going to be certain since he cancels plans most of the time"

Aspen proclaimed. Passing the envelope onto the table which had schedule in. 

Zane Kingston was a step behind his uncle for a reason. He lacked ambition, and creativity compared to Ezra. 

A mere meeting did not bother him. If a distraction appeared, he would call off every assembly and plan. 

"Sounds like I have to pay two hundred only. Your information is not enough" 

The woman's lips curved up into a smile. The boy's face, now, twisted.

Expressing the vexation.

"Excuse me! The schedule is not even wrong! Not my fault that Zane Kingston changes his mind every second!" 

Shrugging, Aspen claimed. "I demanded for the accurate schedule, little boy. Not the uncertain one" Vera retorted.

Wearing a smile that pissed the boy off. She did not know how hard it was.

How difficult the hassle was. "Vera Charlene..." Aspen inhaled deeplu.

Pointing his finger at the woman, he tried his best to swallow the words. Restraining his exasperation.

"That's it! I am done with your bullshit!" 

At last, the boy seized the envelope and walked away from the table.

Stunning the woman. "Ehhh?" Her eyes widened. What just happened?

She was playing around with him as usual. Yet, he got furious? They used to mess around each other before too.

So, why? Why now?

"Aspen! Dear! Baby! My little boy! I was joking! Give it back! I need it! Five hundred as promise! Come back!" 

Grasping the purse, Vera dashed out to chase. Still, the boy was a bit ahead.

"Aspen!" At last, the woman caught up. Seizing his arm to force him to face her.

"Gosh, what is wrong with you?!" She scowled. Catching for breath in view of the fact that she rushed after in heels. 

This boy was so goddamn fast at walking! She never realized that due to the fact that he would match her steps.

"Don't tell me you are mad!"

In disbelief, Vera raised her tone. Aspen did not respond though.

Rather, he stared down at the woman in silence. Annoying Vera more. "Come onnnn" Driven by fury, she whined.