.22

DECEMBER 23,2005. "Hey loser,I brought you some candy canes since it's Christmas time" I smiled setting them down and plopping on to the grass,"Mom cried yesterday,again. I know how much you hated making her cry,she's been doing her best now since you've been gone. She's been trying to be at home more..."I said."Christmas this year won't feel the same without you.."

I wiped my tears grabbing my backpack so I could take out a mini Christmas tree I had borrowed,well stolen but that doesn't matter. I set it next his grave and decorated it with little decorations I had found around the house,"Perfect!" I exclaimed admiring my work. I knew he would've made fun of it but he would've also loved it just as much.

"It's cute.."a voice startled me from behind, "Don't scare me like that,Mikey!" I lightly hit his shoulder making him laugh.

"You know I love scaring you"he joked,"I came to visit my brother and thought I'd visit Baji-san also" he smiled taking a seat next to me. I made myself comfortable laying my head on him feeling his arms wrap around me,"He's watching over you. He's your angel now." Mikey told me as he played with my hair.

"You think so?"

"I know he is. I came here the other day and made him a promise"

"And what might that promise be?"

"To protect you" I looked up at him seeing him already staring down at me,"I never thank you enough for being Toman's angel. You always try protecting them all.."he sighed."I want to protect you for once like I always say but I feel like I don't do it enough" I lifted my head off of him and intertwined his hand with my own.

"Mikey,you do enough. Everything you do for me is enough and I should be thankful for having you by my side." I said to him,he looked at me with eyes full of love.

"You really are an angel,Y/n-chan!" I felt my face heat up at his words,"I'll always keep you safe"he gave me a peck on the cheek making me quickly look away so he wouldn't see my flustered face,"We should get going. It's getting cold." I said standing up and picking up my backpack off the ground.

"Will you accompany me and Kenchin tomorrow?"he asked,"We're gonna go get some hot chocolate and go for a drive"

"That sounds fun,I would love to join!"

"We'll come by around 8pm"

"Sounds great! See you tomorrow, Mikey-kun!" I waved goodbye as I ran to get to my motorcycle.