.39

Did I just go back in time? I looked at my surroundings

Did I just go back in time? I looked at my surroundings. I didn't even think it was possible for me to travel back the same day,let alone a couple of hours right before the incident. She was standing infront me as if nothing had happened looking as lively as ever. All I knew was that I had touched her hand back at the hospital and I ended up here. I didn't need an explanation from the universe on how this came to be nor why I had developed this new power because I was on a mission and that mission was to save Y/n.

"The store is across the street" I hear her say making me look her way seeing her pointing. This is where it started. Chifuyu and I hadn't been paying attention the first time when she had walked. I watched her start to make her way across when I stopped her by grabbing a hold of her arm,"WAIT!" I said pulling her back.

"Takemitchi,I'm just crossing the street" she said looking down to where my hand was grabbing her.

"Please,just wait..."

"Wait for what?"

"Shhh~"

"You're acting weird dude,we're just going to the st-" Chifuyu was cut off by the sound of the motorcycle that I knew was about to drive by. I looked to the where I remembered it had came from,"Y/n-chan,stay behind me"I ordered.

"Huh?"

"DUCK DOWN!!"I yelled seeing the motorcycle get closer,I was finally able to see who it was. He held a brick in his hand as he tried to swing it towards Y/n but she had ducked down just in time. They drove passed us all the way to the end of the street before I noticed them turning back around,"Go! RUN!" we sprinted across the street trying to get away as fast as possible on foot.

"Over there!!" Chifuyu went ahead of us so we could follow him into a hidden alleyway. We hid behind some of the big trash cans hearing the noise of the bike go by. Once we knew the coast was clear we stepped back out from our hiding spots,"Takemitchi" I hear my name leave Y/n's lips.

"Huh?! Yeah?.."

"How did you know they were coming?" She questioned me taking a step closer.

"J-just a gut feeling!"I scratched the back of my neck nervously,I really didn't want them to know the real reason but I doubt I'll last long before spilling the truth out.

"Bullshit. You knew exactly what was going to happen!" I should've known I couldn't change time without seeming a little odd, "YOU DIED OKAY?!" I screamed falling to my knees infront of her and Chifuyu who stood next to her. "YOU DIED AND I COULDN'T SAVE YOU!!" I cried.

"Mikey-kun was heartbroken..."She crouched down lifting my face with both her hands so that I would face her.A small smiled resting on her face,"Thank you..." her voice sounded gentle.

"I don't wanna know how you reversed time,I just want you to know that I am grateful to you for saving my life..."she stood back up,"Stand up." She said turning her back towards me.

"You're special,did you know that?"I heard her sigh,"You don't owe us anything and yet here you are risking your life to keep us on this stupid cruel world. That's what makes you a hero. I see so much of my brother in you..."

"Y-you do?"

"You might not be such of a great fighter as he was but you hold yourself up just like he did" I felt her arms wrap around me,"Sometimes I feel like he's right here with me" I rested my head on top of hers,hugging her tight. I watched Chifuyu from behind her grin at me,"I knew I wasn't the only one who saw Baji in you.." he said opening his arms out and joining us.

"Save us all"