V. PARTY FEELS

"Althea! You made it!" shouted Damiano over the loud music as he opened the door. He hugged me and kissed my cheeks.

I winced slightly when he kissed where my father hit me but he didn't notice. I had managed to somehow cover up the bruise with foundation.

"Al! Where were you? I went to your house and your father said he didn't know where you were." asked Enzo, worridly over the loud music.

"Sorry, I went to my auntie's house to borrow some clothes and then she helped me get ready." that wasn't a lie, I just missed out the part that I ran away from my father.

"Oh, makes sense." said Enzo, grabbing my hand and me to a table that was set up in the big living room as many other people from our school were dancing to the loud music and disco lights.

"Althea! I haven't seen you in ages!" exclaimed Thomas coming towards me.

"Hey, hey, hey! Little guy!" I shouted, hugging him.

"You're only a year older Besides, I'm taller." he said, winking.

"Yeah, yeah." I said, flapping my hand at him.

"Sorry, Enzo, I'm going to take your best friend for a bit. I have someone to show to her, you've already met her." said Thomas, taking my hand and walking through the crowd of people dancing.

He stopped next to a red-haired girl who sat in the corner but she stood up when she saw Thomas.

She had beautiful light blue eyes, freckles and extremely curly hair.

"Al, this is my girlfriend, Mara." said Thomas and the girl smiled.

"Hi, I'm Mara." said the girl, pulling out her hand. "Well, like he said."

"Hi, Mara. I'm Althea." I said. She was so pretty. "Be careful, I might steal your girlfriend." I said to Thomas and they both laughed.

"No way, we love each other too much." said Thomas, kissing Mara.

"I'll leave you two lovebirds alone." I said, winking as I walked away.

I went to sit in the corner as I watched everyone dance and drink. I wasn't in the mood for doing any of those things. I went to sit in the corner against the window wall and looked outside with my back against the wall next to it.

I didn't want to be here but I didn't have anywhere else to go except my house which I most certainly didn't want to go to. I just sat there in the corner, looking at everyone having fun, not having a care in the world about what would happen after this party. They'd either go out for more drinks or go to a peaceful home with no terrible father and constant screaming and shouting.

I felt someone sit next to me on the floor and I looked to the side to see Victoria. She had a short leather skirt on and a white crop top with heels. She looked at me and said, "I don't think parties were made for sitting in corners alone."

I chuckled slightly and looked at her. I never took a proper look at her, she was extremely beautiful, her blonde hair always slightly wavy and her fringe covering her forehead. Her blue eyes were covered with black eyeshadow and her nose ring brought everything together.

"Are you drunk?" I asked and she burst into laughter.

"No, of course not yet." she said and we both laughed. "It's only been half an hour. Why did you even ask?"

"Well, the normal, sober Victoria would never sit next to and talk to me without needing to be forced." I said and she laughed.

"I'm not that bad." she said and I let out a laugh but then covered my mouth.

"Oh, so you weren't joking just then?" I joked and she smiled, hitting me on the shoulder playfully. "Alright! Sorry, sorry."

"Let's get you a drink, get the body working." she stood up from the floor and put her hand out to help me up. I took her soft hand and she helped me up.

"Thanks." I whispered and when I stood up my face was millimeters away from hers. She looked into my eyes and I looked into hers but then I looked down and cleared my throat, moving slightly away, her doing the same.

"Sorry." we both said at the same time and then laughed.

"The drink, let's go." she said, chuckling nervously.

"Yeah." I let out a deep breath before following her through all the dancing and sweaty people.

We walked to the kitchen and Victoria opened one of the cabinets and took out vodka and juice.

She poured juice and then added a bit of vodka into two glasses. She gave one glass to me and took the other for herself.

She lifted her glass and smiled, "for the happiness of our enemies."

I raised my glass too and repeated what she said, "for the happiness of our enemies."

We clinked our glasses together and drank from our glasses, smiling at each other.