X. CATCHING UP WITH THE THINGS WE MISSED

"Alright, first box." I said. "What is your main theme?"

"The universe and space." she clicked her fingers and I nodded.

We sat at the wooden table in the park after school in Friday. We were working on our idea for the prom.

"You're so creative, you should think about being an architect." said Victoria, looking at me as I wrote on the page.

"I want to be one actually, it's my dream job." I said and she smiled at me.

"Well, I hope you get it." said Victoria.

We finished with the paper so we decided to do something together.

"Do you want to go to eat something? We can talk and get to know each other better." said Victoria and I smiled.

"Of course." I said and we stood up.

"Should I take the paper or will you be fine with it?" asked Victoria, putting her things in her school bag.

"I'll take it, I'll keep it dry because it seems that your waterbottle keeps leaking." I said, pointing to the wet spot where her bag was for what felt like the hundreth time.

"Again?!" she exclaimed, taking out papers from her bag. "Fucking Hell. I'm so tired from this constant leaking!"

"Then just get a new water bottle." I said, putting my bag on my back.

"Was there a reason as to why I didn't I think of that?" asked Victoria to herself and I laughed.

"You might also want to get a new bag." I pointed to where a big part of her bag was discoloured from all the water.

She sighed and said, "you're helping me though and we're doing it today."

We left the park and walked down the busy roads of central Rome.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"A new place opened, it's called John's diner." said Victoria. "He's this American dude who moved here and felt homesick so he made a restaurant slash diner that would resemble ones in America, all the wall decor, cooks are all American, the food is exactly what you'd find in an American restaurant and you're only allowed to soeak English unless it's to who you're with or you don't know English. It's pretty cool, I went there for a family dinner and I think we should go now."

"First fact about me, I hate America but I'll go and try their food." I said and Victoria smiled, clapping her hands together.

"Great! Come on them!" she grabbed my hand and started running in the streets. But she stopped and turned to me. "Can we go buy the bag and bottle first, I swear it leaking again."

"Yeah, sure." I smiled and she started running again.

She kept making us run into people or right near people so they stumbled back and I always had to say sorry.

This time she full on bashed into someone and made Victorial and him fall.

"Great job, Vic!" I said sarcastically, raising my hands and looked back to a boy around our age that Victoria, ran into. "Sorry, she's a bit blind and ran into you." I held out both of my hands to help the two up. Victoria just huffed but didn't day anything.

"That's f - " he started but trailed off when he looked up at me.

"Fine? Fucking fantastic? Fucked up?" I said, sarcastically and he laughed.

"Fine, it's fine." he said and I smiled.

"We've got to go, sorry again." I said and started walking with Vic.

"He was so into you!" whisper-shouted Victoria when we were walking away.

"Yeah, no." I shook my head.

All the way through shopping for Victoria's new bag and water bottle she kept nagging me about the boy we ran into and I kept ignoring her. Until she finally stopped when we reached the restaurant.

It smelled of burgers and bacon, the whole place was full of people and extremely loud with music playing in the background.

"Did we just go through a portal to America?" I asked, looking back at Victoria who was behind me, smirking.

"This place is great! Isn't it?" she asked excitedly.

"The food will decide that." I said.

"Hello! Welcome to John's diner, table for just two or are we expecting more?" asked the worker in English with an American accent, smiling at us kindly.

"Just the two of us." I said, in broken English.

"Mamma's ready to fill this stomach up." said Victoria and me and the waiter laughed.

"Follow me." said the waiter and he took is to a table.

We sat down and eventually ordered our food.

"OK, um, favourite colour?" asked Victoria, as we were getting to know each other.

"Dark red." I said.

"Mustard yellow." she answered.

"Oh, you discusting person. Mustard yellow?" I said, drinking my water.

"It's a really pretty colour!" she exclaimed.

We stayed at the restaurant for a bit longer and then went out for a walk around Rome and got some ice cream, talking about our interests, childhood, siblings, roots and everything we wanted to know about the other person.

It was weird to say and if someone told me this a year ago I would have laughed in their face but I was actually having fun with Victoria De Angelis. Who knew it was possible?